How much do you drink?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirtydog420

Reaction score
Many of you over the past few months have seen my post on here and as I sit here drinking a bottle of wine, I wonder how much everyone else drinks a day?

I myself am only 26 years old and find I enjoy wine on many much more than beer or most hard alcohol. I would classify myself as an alcoholic by PC standards. However, I am certainly not PC myself. I am into hardcore and metal for music, so am not a 'standard' wine drinker, nor wine maker.. I drink both for flavor and enjoyment for the wine itself, and for the drunk.. Being totally honest here. I can put a way a bottle or a bit more a night without even a hangover. Do this most nights.

I am just curious as too what everyday, 'normal' wine drinkers and makers drink in a day..

And this is not an open invitation to rip on me or say I am an alcoholic or any BS like that.. I do not need help.. Yet.. HAHA:b

I Seriously want to know..

I usually keep to 1 glass of wine each evening depending on work and how my day has been. Some nights I'll maybe go for 2 glasses.And no you wont hear me ripping on you about your comsumption habits I was your age about half my life time ago and had about the same habits then too.My drink of choice back then was whiskey though.

I drink a glass or 2 every other day. Weekends are usually beer when im working around the yard and if I go out it usually becomes Jack and Cokes!

I usually have a glass while I watch Survivor on Thursday nights and I may have a glass or two on the weekend. I drink coffee way more than wine. I give alot of the wine I make away. I am really getting addicted to the wine making process way more than the drinking which is good cause in my family I am the exception rather than the rule.

I drink wayyy too much... tea. I mean, I go through about 10-12 cups of tea a day lol. Wine however, I will go through a bottle or two per month at the most. Depends if someone comes over, or if wifey is feeling like drinking with me :) I don't like drinking alone lol

haha dirty!

i myself am about your age and do similar. i don't drink more than 1 bottle during the week since i work then. no hangover until 2+ bottles, but an easy trick, drink a huge glass of water before you sleep. usually around 2 bottles on weekend nights, but it's hard to tell though cuz it's usually w/ family and friends (3~5 adults) and we'll drink 5~11 bottles. lol. i pretty much drink anything, though. sometimes beer, sometimes hard liqour. it's all about the setting and how much $ i have at the time. wine mostly though as we carry ~500 bottles or more.

you would not think i'm a wine drinker nor a wine maker. i listen to metal/hard rock preferrably, but do listen to rap/hip hop, old rock (skynard, ozzy, doors, etc..), punk, etc. no country though

doctor told me 2 glasses per day is GOOD. 14 a week. no more or your system is then saturated and is hurting you.

Well In my home between me, my wife and daughter we go through 3 bottles a day. We also bring alot to different functions as well.
Well there goes omy govt max per year.. :b

A bottle a day? Not even close.

I am 43, don't like much distilled liquor, actually not much at all, though some day I might like to try and make it.

If I don't get at least a 6 pack of beer in me everyday I am NOT happy. A 12 pack a day is normal, though I don't drink the flammable beers, that is about the average.

When I have wine to drink 3 bottles a day is not unheard of.

Sorry you will not be able to have my liver for transplant.

I was going to lie, but amongst friends, I decided to tell you the truth.

Anyone coming close to that. LOL:D:D

Troy

My wife and I will usually go through 6-8 bottles of wine in a weekend and none during the week.

I drank a lot while a senior in highschool, but it got the best of me.
Then I didn't drink much at all for years. I watched my Dad drink every night, Jim Beam or Early Times. He would have at least a half pint nightly, but then sometimes sit and drink a quart by himself. Every morning he got up and went to work. You can imagine those nights around my house with Mom and Dad!!
So I think that was the reason for my abstaining for years.
A couple years ago my brother took me to a "taste of the nation" where they had fine chefs showing their trade and wine sellers doing the same.
I found I liked wine. So that leads me to now...
Some nights I'll have a bottle of my wine, I do like my limited blackberry stash! Other nights I'll have a bottle of store bought grape. I like trying different wines from different regions of the world.
Then some nights I'll have a couple glasses of some "clear" stuff I've experimented with mixed with cola.
But then some nights I don't have anything to drink.
I do have one rule though,
once I have something to drink, I never and I mean never drive. If I go out to eat, I either don't drive or don't drink.
I want to live to ferment my next batch.

I drink a glass or 2 every other day. Weekends are usually beer when im working around the yard and if I go out it usually becomes Jack and Cokes!

How do you make a dent on that huge cellar of yours with just a glass or two every other day?

You must give it away or entertain, I'm guessing.

The wife and I each have a glass with lunch. In the evening I'm into Jack and coke, a couple.

I usually have something to drink every night after work. Last weekend I felt like some bourbon, so I picked up a bottle of Knob Creek. I got about a quarter of that left. Tonight I feel like some Welch's recipe, so I popped open a bottle of that. I'll probably finish it off tonight. I don't drink a lot of beer, which surprises most people, because I work for a beer distributor.

It all depends on my mood...I enjoy nice tequila on occasion as well (Corazon Blanco if I can find it...Don Julio if I can't).

I've been known to sip some Johnny Walker Red as well...I like Bowmore's also.

I'm 40 years old, 6'2" and about 220 lbs with a pretty good resistance. Like myakkagldwngr, If I'm out, I limit myself to a couple of beers or a couple glasses of wine. If I'm riding the bike, I don't drink at all.

:b

Peace,
Bob

Ya I drank a bunch last week, maybe 3 tablespoons. I dont drink much at all. I have been drunk 3 times in 25 year and 2 of those were accidental.
Last week I gave away 48 bottles of wine. But I bottled 85 so I am still +33 bottles.

Last edited:
I do give away quite a bit and when I do entertain I bust wide open and the next day is usually pretty ugly! :s

I will drink about two bottles a week, unless we have a wine party and then it will be more like four or five.:r

I drink about 3 to 6 beers a night during the week but on weekends i usally go to our deer lease land ( even when season is out just to get away) and ill have about 30 between friday night and saturday night, dont drink any thing on sunday. every now and then ill have some wine but if i open a bottle ill finish it. just got started into wine making, dont like much grape wine but merlot is pretty but i suppose ill be dring alot more homemade wine in the future, maybe ill tone the beer down some by then ,then again maybe not.

Glad to here that I am not the only one who drinks a bit too much.. Also happy that some of you got it under control...

Latest posts

Back