How much do you drink?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wine is not hadrer then beer at all but it would probably be harder for you to get the ingredients for beer making up there. Storafe may be an issue with you unless you have an area where you can keep it cold without freezing in a corny keg. Beer is a longer first day but after that its easy sailing!

I've started kicking around the idea of labels for my wine and being drinking is such a touchy subject I've decided to add the usual disclaimer,,,,
"The Surgeon General has determined that the consumption of alcohol is harmful to your health.
But, what the hell does he know?"

I like that -- might just incorporate it into my next batch of labels...

Wade, I almost need to trade my loyalties.

My neigbor Steve made his second only batch ever of beer(he has it in the small keg thing with a CO2 tank).

I told him I would mention him in here, and he has me mostly sold.

So Steve..."That was some of the best beer I have ever had", it was amber, nice head, just the right amount of carbonation, etc.

From start to drinking...12 days! Cost $14US to make 5 gallons.

Don't worry!! I'll always be a "sub arctic wino"

Troy
:b

Troy,
I like/make BOTH Beer and Wine. Ck my post on solar beer in the beer thread

Gonna do it Tom, I'm working with dial up for now so downloading stuff is a pain in the A. Sure want to check it out, figure I'll download it a lil later when I am not so in demand of the connection.

I'll never give up my love of making wine, but Steve got me sold that was fantastic beer, and he too lives in a lil cabin with no running water. My excuses have been used. I very well just may have to make both.

I usually don't drink during the week... at most a glass or two... then on the weekends I may have a bottle or two. Or if we're going out, I'll drink vodka & flavoured soda water... a pint at the most in one evening.

I have a 2 year old... so there is no respite the next morning, its just not worth the pain to drink more than that! Although my hubby has been very nice and taken him out on such mornings... but that's because I don't do it that often... if I was hung over all the time, he might just toss my son onto the bed with me in the morning!

well since during the week my days start at 7AM with a 2 and 4 year old, and doesn't end until I get off work at 2AM there's not much time for drinking during the week. But.... on the weekend I usually have about 8-10 beers, or 6-8 whiskey and diet cokes, or 2 bottles of wine. About once every couple of months I practice the fine art of sideways walking by trying all of the above in one day. :d

I don't drink much, despite my hobbies. It's sort of seasonal, actually. It's mostly beer during the summer, and cider in the fall. Wine is occasional year-round, as are spirits.

Arcticsid, why is growing your own tea illegal? Is that a euphemism I don't understand?

-Mud

iblilkitty

ok, I drink one to three glass of wine a day when I'm not working. Like you, I like hard rock and heavy metal!!:r

I'm new to wine making and new to this forum. I got into wine drinking believe it or not for health reasons. I have had low good cholesterol it seems like forever no matter what diet I was on. I’ve read about the benefits of Red Wine and decided to give it a try to find the truth. I’ve been drinking 5 to 6 ounces of Red Wine daily for the last 6 months. My good cholesterol has risen (into the good range) and the bad cholesterol has fallen which has convinced me. 5 to 6 ounces of Red Wine daily (when my wife stays out of the bottle) will last a week (1 liter bottle).

Tom, sorry still haven't looked at the solar beer, but I already know it would only be good during the summer when it doesn't get dark here, and on the opposite side of the coin during winter we get very little sun at all. On December 21 we get like 1 hour of sunlight, so much for solar anything. That could be the reason my solar car project went down the tubes!! LOL!

Troy

Alcohol has not touched my lips in years. Not since I discovered the benefits of a funnel.
:b
:d
:s
:sl

LMAO!

... raising a glass of grapefruit wine..

I recommend people try citrus based wines.. they are surprisingly nice..

( making uglifruit wine as soon as I can get ripe fruit in season.)

Allie

I would drink wine on weekends only. In fact, I am so busy during the work days that I cannot have it comfortably. So I prefer to have it on weekends!
:)

Howdy Mike!! Good to see ya again.:d

Ithink thats you. Just smoked a pretty mean pork butt, was just thinking about you.

Hope life finds you well, with something stinky bubbling in the corner.

Troy

Last edited:
Howdy Mike!! Good to see ya again.:d

Ithink thats you. Just smoked a pretty mean pork butt, was just thinking about you.

Hope life finds you well, with something stinky bubbling in the corner.

Troy

I've been around, I been reading, I just been keeping silent.

Now wait 1 minute !

I cook / smoke a great Boston Butt for pulled pork... Something to die 4 ... HMmmm good
And believe it or not NO wine was used... LOL ! :dg

Latest posts

Back