How much do you drink?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've started kicking around the idea of labels for my wine and being drinking is such a touchy subject I've decided to add the usual disclaimer,,,,
"The Surgeon General has determined that the consumption of alcohol is harmful to your health.
But, what the hell does he know?"

I've started kicking around the idea of labels for my wine and being drinking is such a touchy subject I've decided to add the usual disclaimer,,,,
"The Surgeon General has determined that the consumption of alcohol is harmful to your health.
But, what the hell does he know?"

Some people feel it's better to choose what is going to take you out in the end...

I drink about 3-4 beers after work, unless I have a wine that hit 1 year old...then it's a special occassion and it's a bottle of wine (just for me) that night, instead. On the weekends, sometimes I invite friends over to tastings...we will go through a couple gallons between about 4-6 of us, double-fisting it with water as a side to offset the hangover.

Of my !
Please send all you wine to ME !
I will keep it for you AFTER I "taste" them

If I don't get at least a 6 pack of beer in me everyday I am NOT happy. A 12 pack a day is normal, though I don't drink the flammable beers, that is about the average.

Troy, you'd have to just to stay warm up there! :h

Under normal circumstances, I usually have 2-3 beers or glasses of wine or cocktails after work.

I'm currently unemployed, so I will have 1 or 2 while I'm cooking dinner and a couple more during and after dinner. It really helps motivate me for the next day's job search. :b

Of my !
Please send all you wine to ME !
I will keep it for you AFTER I "taste" them

hehehe Tom,

No Way!

.. the wine will wait for me......

I got 42kilo's of apples today..going to turn them into cider,

getting the juicer out of the cupboard this weekend.

Allie

What could be healthier than drinking too much every night?
All that alcohol would be like rubbing hand sanitizer all over your body from the inside out!:h

A glass of my own wine each night and a few extra on the weekend....and i was worried ....!!!!.....

Looks like I have an awful lot of slack to pull in here!:)

"one or two glasss per week, only on the weekends, I make wine but don't like it, I make wine but prefer beer, I make wine, but don't drink at all"!:D

Oh the confusion, it's okay though, I got the slack. LOL

Troy

Check out my NEW thread in the BEER discussion.

Now that you may like!

haha dirty!

i myself am about your age and do similar. i don't drink more than 1 bottle during the week since i work then. no hangover until 2+ bottles, but an easy trick, drink a huge glass of water before you sleep. usually around 2 bottles on weekend nights, but it's hard to tell though cuz it's usually w/ family and friends (3~5 adults) and we'll drink 5~11 bottles. lol. i pretty much drink anything, though. sometimes beer, sometimes hard liqour. it's all about the setting and how much $ i have at the time. wine mostly though as we carry ~500 bottles or more.

you would not think i'm a wine drinker nor a wine maker. i listen to metal/hard rock preferrably, but do listen to rap/hip hop, old rock (skynard, ozzy, doors, etc..), punk, etc. no country though

doctor told me 2 glasses per day is GOOD. 14 a week. no more or your system is then saturated and is hurting you.

Well once in a week i take my drink but if i am in depression or any
kind of stress then i can take it twice a week or may be thrice

Last edited:
After reading this string I no longer feel alone! A couple of glasses of wine a day can't be bad for you especially if you've made it in your basement...

One quote alway's comes to mind when talking about how much we drink.

"Nobody likes a quitter!"

SAC, making it in the basement will get you in less trouble than making it in the wifeys flower pot outside the door.

Oh boy, I already see where this ones gonna go.LOL:D

Troy

Regardless of where your making it ;), or how much you drink, the point is simply this...
Nobody likes a quitter!:b

I like my beer, even though more than wine. But I like making wine more than beer. I have thought about distilling, but I understand it may be illegal, so I can't discuss that.

I thought about growing my own tea also, but can't discuss that either.

There may be other mebers in here who are like me. I live in a small cabin, without running water. So not only do I face a water issue, but a space issue as well. And on top of that I live in the middle of Alaska.

For me to make beer I would go with a kegging type storage sytem. But to discussing it here would not be wine.

I make wine because it's easier than beer and space wise works out prettyy well. That doesn't mean I may not ry beer, but I will make wine for now, and whine if I have to.!!!LOL
:D

Troy
:b

Latest posts

Back