How many people filter their wines?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so after Xmas when I get the Limited edition wine kit I will buy 2 smaller carboys and filter one to bulk age then leave the other unfiltered since it has to age are a longer time then most kits to be good . So did I read somewhere that you switch carboys every 3 months when you don't filter or was that about something else . We just borrow the store's filtering system for $5.00 plus filtering systems don't take up much room .Since we like our wine filtered and are liking the wines so far that we tried we are sure we will be staying with it we are going to invest in the Buon Vino Super Jet High Volume Wine Filter.We also do the alcohol base that you add the spirit flavours and liqueurs to and it has to be carbon filtered this system will do both .

I purchased a Buon mini filter last year. I started filtering both reds and whites, but now filter the whites only. Even if the white is totally clear, the filter adds a polish that I think is amazing. When I filter the reds, I can't really tell that much difference. I use a #2 filter.

Latest posts

Back