How Many Members in the Forum?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Wade, just out of curiosity, how many members do we have now a days in here?

Its very hard to tell as there are many factors that give fals results. St Allie has been doung a great jb of getting rid of spam bots and the such which incase you didnt notice we were at about 12,000 and are ow down to around 8,000 and shes still at it. I dont care how many of us are here at all! I just want a good crew and everyone to be polite to each other. As my mom always said, if you dont have anythingnice to say then dont say anything at all!

Actually, it will be interesting to see how many are real accounts on here..

There are a lot of weird proxy accounts via other countries.. I didn't know there were so many different types of bots.. some IP's have had as many as 329 memberships opened under them that needed to be deleted. ( russia again!) surprisingly to me.. there are less registrations from china/singapore/hong kong than I thought there would be.

We have a core group of regular posters here, that makes our forum work well and we are attracting many new 'real' people as members.

This forum is a nice, respectful place to be. There are some nasty, aggressive places on the web.. luckily we're not one of them.

Allie

Wade , As you just said, I share the thought, we are in this together, just thought it would be interesting to see how many in here share our love/frustration of this hobby.

I'd like to see more Int'l people myself, I always find it interesting to hear of some of the "native" fruits they have available to make wine from.!!

This forum is a nice, respectful place to be. There are some nasty, aggressive places on the web.. luckily we're not one of them.

Allie

agreed.

i am on a few forums, non-wine related, that people are much more rude on. seems like even when people disagree, we tend to be very mature about it.

I go with you there MId. I really enjoy being part of this forumn, I consider all of you my friends. We are all in here to discuss our love of brewing, but it is nice to see everyone face or their wines. etc, on the album.

As has been said before nice to place a face to everyone.

Allie just started a neat thread about simple, inexpensive family meals. I encourage everyone to toss an idea in there.

I still would be interested to see what the members count is, fun to imagine that many of us enjoy this site.!!

So to the admin. and all of you,:b

Troy
:tz

Lol Troy....

I'm off to go for a run.. The sun is shining here.

Allie

Wade, I'm on another forum that uses this same engine, with other features enabled. One of those features is the Members List on the same line with Control Panel, FAQs, etc. It only counts registered users.

A lot of the spambot created memberships are registered.. it's part of the way they are designed.. and it's also how they manage to post..

so it still throws out the numbers.

Latest posts

Back