How many gallons of Lon D's Skeeter Pee have been made?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished 6 gallons, but now I'm hooked!

Sent from my iPod touch using Wine Making

2196 + 6 more = 2202

Original recipe

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Add 6 gallons since Calvin's post = 2212

(actually 32 bottles = 6.4 gallons) (5 gallons with cherry Kool-Aid, 1 gallon with ginger, 2 bottles regular)

Gave some to my neighbor today , he said he'd drink a barrel of it.

Yesterday when I opened it it seemed very sour couldn't taste the wine conditioner/back-sweetener at all. Today after I poured from same bottle - smooth as silk and could taste the softener. I may have had too much sulphide in it or it just needed time to aerate.

Last edited:
We have a long way to go to catch EdWort's Apfelwein. I suspect we are much higher than 2237.

Just made 2 more batches. Up that to 2248 gallons! This stuff is a summer necessity at my house.

Only made 6 gallons so far - but planning on making the port and atleast 12 gallons in the next several months for the Fall party this year !!

Got another three gallon batch approx going. (using 4 litre jugs as carboys) In the filtering and sweetening it will be batched altogether and mixed with 2 packages Orange Kool-Aid (The Horror :sh ).

Projected ABV = 11.68 % before backsweeten , 11.15 % after
Projected Sweet = .0469 (ratio 3/4 cup sugar as simple syrup to US gallon)

2288 + 3 = 2291

BTW from my last batch 5 gal + 4.2 litre Jug (about 1 gallon +) ---> the jug had chopped root ginger added to the separate jug. Results were quite superb, the ginger did not over or underwhelm ... except I didn't mark down how much I used :slp... maybe 3-4 heaping TBPS of loosely chopped ginger?
So I got 5 bottles of Ginger Skeeter Pee ( 1 jug = 5 bottles+) - which I labelled Ginger Sharknado putting on stickers of sharks on the bottle.

2291 + 6 = 2297. Just started a super secret variant for the wmt competition.

Latest posts

Back