How many carbs in dry wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bambiying

Reaction score
I've ignored my wine making hobby for 5 months now while I try to lose some weight doing a ketogenic diet (less than 20 carbs a day.) I've lost 30 lbs in that time, but still have more to go. I've had a 6 gallon carboy of ageing tropical dragon blood sitting here all that time, and I realized that I'm never going to drink it if I deal with it my usual way, which is to add about 8 cups of sugar to the mix and bottle it. I've decided to conduct an experiment, and I've added 4 cups of erythitol and a few squirts of stevia to it. So, no actual sugar, but I need to know about carbs. If a wine has been taken down to .990 so there is no residual sugar left, about how many carbs do you think it has? I'm talking leftovers from pineapples, strawberries, mangos and the like.

I've ignored my wine making hobby for 5 months now while I try to lose some weight doing a ketogenic diet (less than 20 carbs a day.) I've lost 30 lbs in that time, but still have more to go. I've had a 6 gallon carboy of ageing tropical dragon blood sitting here all that time, and I realized that I'm never going to drink it if I deal with it my usual way, which is to add about 8 cups of sugar to the mix and bottle it. I've decided to conduct an experiment, and I've added 4 cups of erythitol and a few squirts of stevia to it. So, no actual sugar, but I need to know about carbs. If a wine has been taken down to .990 so there is no residual sugar left, about how many carbs do you think it has? I'm talking leftovers from pineapples, strawberries, mangos and the like.

4 g per 5 oz serving

Back