How many carboys do you have?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many Carboys do you have?

• Just 1

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • 2 is perfect

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • 3-4 suits me

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I can't make wine fast enough 5+

Votes: 26 63.4%

• Total voters
3 - 6 gallon glass
1 - 6 gallon better bottle

I want to make an ice wine soon, so a 3 gallon glass carboy is on my wish list.

:b

I dont have a .45 but will some day, right now I have the 9mm and .223 but would also love to get a .50.

My .50 cal is a PITA. It uses percussion caps and is constantly misfiring or having the caps fall off. The deer come to me when I have it with me because they know they are safe around me then.

Oh we doing (counting) kegs? I have 23 + & 3 - 2 1/2 gal cornies

How about some pictures of your folks operations? Do you with many carboys keep them all in action all the time? Who drinks it all? lol

Gee... I have carboys all over my house. Click my "Fermenting" sig to see whats aging TODAY.
Oh I / WE drink 2-3 bottles a DAY !

I usually have all mine in some kind of progress, maybe 1 or 2 free so that i can rack a wine off some lees.
Recentroom.jpg

Picture001-5.jpg

I decided a while back that 3 gallon batches was what I wanted to focus on for a bit. So I currently have 6 3 gallons carboys and 4 1 gallon carboys.

Dan
What are the blue bungee straps on 2 of your carboys?

I like how you have your carboys tilted back I'm going to try that myself.:r

Rod

Dan

Rod
That is a Heat Belt.

Dan

Rod

AS Tom said those are heat belts. The one on the left is WE symphony I just racked from the primary and the one on the right is WE Trio Blanco I am trying to get clearer before filtering. My basement is 66-68 degrees and that works for me for most things but once in awhile you need to give the old wine a belt :w, especially helps in the primary.

Latest posts

Back