How many are bottling on Fathers Day?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill be smokin a pork butt with the kids on fathers day this year and enjoying a couple glasses of wine.

I read your thread on the wine cooler Norcal, congratulations on getting it into winemaker magazine, what an accomplishment, respect.

Last edited:
I'm with Rocky.

Doing some un-bottling tomorrow with Dad and Mom (who's birthday is on Father's Day).

Being left to my own devices on Sunday afternoon - I may have to smoke up some ribs. And wash them down with a nice Shiraz, of course.

Not to be a "buzz kill" but bottle, unbottle, etc. with your moms and dads whenever you can.
Unfortunately mine have both passed. That day comes very quick, trust me, so spend all the time you can with them, when you can, and not just on the Hallmark days.

I will opt to go with the majority opinion and plan on emptying a bottle (or 2 or 3?) on Sunday. All this talk of smoked meat has got me thinking that I ought to fire up the grill also.

Happy Father's day to all the Dads out there!

I may bottle my fresh juice chardonnay. I might also process some of the 19 cases of bottles I picked up in late winter - clean, sort and bin them for use later. The labels are already off of the bottles, but they're dusty and dirty... a little time in some oxi-clean would do wonders for them.

But, I'm definitely planning to un-bottle some with the steak and crab cake dinner my family is planning.

Like painting, bottling for me is all about prep. Want it to look easy to all the helpers :)

New bottles, first step sanitize, filling station, corking station, laser label station, capsule, wipe and in the box. 3 cases cab franc and 13 cases Grenache.

Not to be a "buzz kill" but bottle, unbottle, etc. with your moms and dads whenever you can.
Unfortunately mine have both passed. That day comes very quick, trust me, so spend all the time you can with them, when you can, and not just on the Hallmark days.

I hear you. Father's and Mother's Day are usually tough on my wife and I since the death of our 8 year old daughter Kelly in 1991. Janet's Mom, who'll be 96 this August, is still alive and doing well as she recovers from a broken hip suffered about a month ago.

But... My Son Steve is with us so maybe I'll get him to wash then do some bottling with me sometime after wife and I get back from church.
smilie.gif

Last edited:
Bottled 12.5 cases of a 50-50 blend of Syrah and Mourvedre today, then pumped another 120 gallons for a blending exercise with various amounts of Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre. That 120 gallons, now blended, will be bottled in two sessions in July. Fun!

Smoked ribs over 6.5 hours on the smoker turned out great, happy fathers day guys.served over sauvigion blanc.

IMG_3473.jpg

Not the same since our only daughter died six years ago, but we kept busy and bottled last year's Pinot Blanc and white blend. That and a long brunch together in Chasmere and spraying the vineyard. Ended with a nice rib eye and a glass of the 2014 Syrah blend, ready to bottle next:ib

Back