How long is too long.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlietuna

Reaction score
So I was planning on MLF with my 25 gallon of chamborcin. But I've been swamped & havent added the vp41. ITs been a couple weeks since it has been done fermenting.

Can I still add the vp41?

Thanks
Brian

I don't see any problem. When we get winter do you plan on cold stabilizing.

The only reason to be timely with adding your MLB is that the sooner you add it, the sooner it can do it's thing, and eventually the sooner you can add your Kmeta after it finishes to protect your wine. That's why you see a few posts here with winemakers fretting over the fact that their MLF isn't finished after several months, they are yearning to rack and to add the Kmeta and forget about the batch for three months.

I added last night. Rehydrated & dumped it in. Didn't stir, I'll look at it tonight. Will the airlock start bubbling again?

I added last night. Rehydrated & dumped it in. Didn't stir, I'll look at it tonight. Will the airlock start bubbling again?

It might, it might not. If it does it wouldn't bubble along like it does during primary fermentation. Only noticeable sign, other that a test that shows the malic going away over time, are teeny, tiny pinprick like bubbles showing up in the neck of the carboy. I saw an image in another thread posted within the last day or two that shows a good example of it.

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=626675&postcount=12

Latest posts

Back