Mosti Mondiale How long can you leave in Primary?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Francie

Reaction score
Honestly, I got lazy. I have two kits brewing and left both in the primary for 30 days. Smells funny, although it is in morning and I am drinking coffee. I just racked to secondary and added the oak. Did I just ruin both kits? SG is right around .995/.998. I did not add the yeast nutrient.

Thanks!

I dought they are ruined as RJ Spagnols kits have you ferment to dry in the primary as you have done. Im just hoping they were tightly covered and had airlock on there so that the CO2 was trapped in there to protect the wine. If the lid was not snapped on tight with airlock then you might have subject the wine to a lot of 02 which could have oxidised the wine.

No, of course the lids were not on tight (how stupid am I?) so that is probably what I am smelling. Only time will tell I guess. One of the kits was the Mosti Limited Edition Sangiovese!! The other was the Spagnols Pinot Noir. I am so bummed, but will never make that mistake again!

Me too....sniff sniff, there goes over three hundred dollars in wine!!!

Back