How far past three months before adding sorbate?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyfire322

Reaction score
My latest batch has been aging for just a little under three months now. The big thing is that I'm moving in about two weeks or so, and once everything is unpacked, I planned on bottling. After all is said and done, I'll be bottling in approximately a month.

I see many suggest adding additional potassium sorbate every three months. Would I be good with the extra month, or should I err on the side of caution and just transfer to a new carboy and add it?

I really hope you just mistyped and meant to ask this question about potassium metabisulphite. Not about sorbate. Sorbate should only ever be added one time.

Now to answer what I hope you really meant to ask. I would add more potassium metabisulphite now, before the move and a little bit early, on the off chance that you don't get to the bottling right when you think you will.

I really hope you just mistyped and meant to ask this question about potassium metabisulphite. Not about sorbate. Sorbate should only ever be added one time.

Now to answer what I hope you really meant to ask. I would add more potassium metabisulphite now, before the move and a little bit early, on the off chance that you don't get to the bottling right when you think you will.
Thanks! And yes, I mistyped. Didn't have enough coffee this morning :slp

Latest posts

Back