How do you,,, finish your "PEE!"

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myakkagldwngr

Reaction score
It's been almost a month, and finally my Pee hit .990 and maybe even less.
I had started it off pretty strong. A five gallon batch with 20 cups of sugar over all.
So to finally finish it off, while I racked it for the second time, I added another bottle of lemon concentrate, 7 cups of sugar and the sorbate and sulfite.
All the while transfering it to a 6 gal better bottle. I'm hoping to get rid of that hard alcohol kick and get it back to lemonaide. It tasted really good when I finally sealed it back off with an airlock.
It was also very clear in the tube while checking the SG.
What do you normally do with yours.

I keep my sg to 1.07, normally it is pretty close, as it has been stated the drink was designed for 10% abv so that is where I keep it. I let it ferment dry and once it is pretty clear than add the 5 cups of sugar that the recipe calls for to backsweeten with. Actually this is probably the only wine I follow the recipe pretty much to the T and so far the wine has come out beautifully.

It's been almost a month, and finally my Pee hit .990 and maybe even less.
I had started it off pretty strong. A five gallon batch with 20 cups of sugar over all.
So to finally finish it off, while I racked it for the second time, I added another bottle of lemon concentrate, 7 cups of sugar and the sorbate and sulfite.
All the while transfering it to a 6 gal better bottle. I'm hoping to get rid of that hard alcohol kick and get it back to lemonaide. It tasted really good when I finally sealed it back off with an airlock.
It was also very clear in the tube while checking the SG.
What do you normally do with yours.

If you think the alcohol is a little too high for your tastes, you might want to dilute it with water and the add some lemon juice to bring the flavor profile back up. Some of my early test batches had higher alcohol, and in my opinion, it was just not as enjoyable to drink as a summer cooling beverage. I don't think aging would help drop the alcohol kick.

Adding water is actually what I did. I took it from a 5 gallon batch, to a 6 gallon batch with the backsweetening sugar added to 3 quarts of water and 1 additional quart of lemon juice. I want to let it sit another week for any additional settling from the lemon juice and the sorbate/sulfites, then bottle it up.
And drink it of course. That's what I've been waiting for.

Back