How do you cork 375ml bottles?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyfire322

Reaction score
Just curious how you guys put corks in 375ml bottles. The Portuguese floor corker does 750 fine, but I don't see how you can adjust it for the smaller ones. Do you just use a rubber mallet or hand corker?

Same same. The adjustment adjusts how far the cork goes into the bottle. (the bottom spring pushes the bottle up to the same height) After corking a 750ml, just put a 375ml in there and cork it! I do it all the time!

Whatever hardcover book is within reach. Can’t just adjust the top nut though. (I think Bordeaux just fit but the burgundy bottles didn’t)
My springloaded base to load a bottle, at max position, is just a hair shy of being able to hold the bottle in position where it’s touching the top and having spring loaded pressure up from the bottom.
Gotta pack it up. No biggie

Whatever hardcover book is within reach. Can’t just adjust the top nut though. (I think Bordeaux just fit but the burgundy bottles didn’t)
My springloaded base to load a bottle, at max position, is just a hair shy of being able to hold the bottle in position where it’s touching the top and having spring loaded pressure up from the bottom.
Gotta pack it up. No biggie
They cork fine with my Italian corker. I have a stack of "bar coasters" handy to adjust to slightly different bottle heights. Roy

Just curious how you guys put corks in 375ml bottles. The Portuguese floor corker does 750 fine, but I don't see how you can adjust it for the smaller ones. Do you just use a rubber mallet or hand corker?

My Portuguese does 375 with no problem, works just the same as a 750, slide the bottle in, seat under the cork, push the cork in.

Wait....depends....
I used this very long nice .375ml bottle, don’t remember its name, that it is so tall that you won’t be able to cork it with a Portuguese corker, at least with mine.
I had to place the bottle a bit incline and the bottle away from the center of the corker base...
I also used my hand corker but the corks got it about 90%, don’t look good.

My Italian floor corker handles 375 bottles beautifully. No issues at all.

Even the very tall ones like the one I posted above?
Yep. I almost always use Bellisima bottle (tall skinny bottles) for my ports and the renanna bottles for everything. Drop the cork in and everything works like a charm. I do tend to use natural corks if that makes a difference, although I will be trying nomacorcs soon.

Yep. I almost always use Bellisima bottle (tall skinny bottles) for my ports and the renanna bottles for everything. Drop the cork in and everything works like a charm. I do tend to use natural corks if that makes a difference, although I will be trying nomacorcs soon.

Bellisima...that’s its name!
The Portuguese corker cannot handle those [emoji853]

BTW - how much are you paying for them?

Latest posts

Back