How do I unsubscribe from a thread?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
I am not ure why, but I have never subscribed to a thread in here.

I am here often enough that I dont need to.

But for some reason, the "This is me", and the "What are you doing today?" threads keep popping up in my private email everytime a new post is made.

Not really a problem, because I can just overlook it.

If a PM is left for me on the forum, it shows up, and thats fine.

But it is getting annoying with the other two. I know I never asked to "follow" these two threads.

I looked around in the CP a bit but still cant figure out how to stop recieving these notifications.

HELP?

Julie

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Troy,

When you have the thread open up above the beginning of the thread there is "thread tools" click on that and you will see where to unsubscribe

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
At the top of this Thread there is a button called Thread Tools where you can subscribe or unsubscribe, you may have hit a button at some time or another by accident when posting. When you go advanced there is also a section down at the bottom where you can subscribe or unsubscribe.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Is there an echo in here? Or am I just thinking I am drunk again? LOL

Cool. Thanks, Julie and Wade, I will look next time I am in there.
LMAO

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Just be careful if she breaks out the dice!

I have heard about her!
LMAO!

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, that seemed to have done it.

NOW, if you keep knocking on my door, I am going to have to bust the wall back out and put on an addition!! LOL

Truth is you are all welcome, but you had better hurry, while yall are trying to run from the heat, we are all thinking about winter!

I know thats not the most positive thought , but, its our reality.

No kidding. I actually turned the furnace on for a cycle last night.

Lurker

Reaction score
"No kidding. I actually turned the furnace on for a cycle last night."

Troy, that's not funny. My AC broke (its not bad enought that I can't move my elbow) Now we have you turning up the heat. :b

But that's alright, my new corker works fine. It is a good day. :b

Julie

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damn, she beat me at my own game!!!!!! :)
LOL. I'm faster on the trigger than you are Wade and don't argue with me, I like this feeling.

Okay, that seemed to have done it.

NOW, if you keep knocking on my door, I am going to have to bust the wall back out and put on an addition!! LOL

Truth is you are all welcome, but you had better hurry, while yall are trying to run from the heat, we are all thinking about winter!

I know thats not the most positive thought , but, its our reality.

No kidding. I actually turned the furnace on for a cycle last night.
Troy, stop posting this crap, if my husband finds out how cold it is up there, he is is going to drag my a** up there. I'm liking the heat.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry your tennis game hasn't done much Richard. Maybe we can get together and get you a Play Sation for X-mas!!! LMAO

Julie, forget the cold! Its no fun. BUT, whatever you do, dont tell him about the spectacular fishing and hunting. For sure don't tell him about drinking water right from the streams. Nor, would I tell him that the southern Horizon is all white mountains!!! Including Mt. McKinley.

No matter what don't tell him we have no state income tax, property taxes are low, and we can carry concealed without a permit.

Absolutely don't tell him about the gold in the creeks around here!!! Then I will feel responsible when he shows up at my door without you!

(P.S. gold is somewhere over $1000/ounce, a heard of a friend of mine who a couple weeks ago, just him and two buddies, pulled out over 6 ounces, just using a gold pan,in less than 5hours. For sure don't tell him that!!)

Reaction score
...and don't tell him the male/female ratio
...Xmas is year round as the North Pole is right there
...Santa Claus eats at McDonalds in Fairbanks
...very little HVAC work
...sugar, water and a bit of yeast is called wine or what ever you want to call it
....next :a1

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
The air smells like trees.

we have no factories.

We dont need to look over our shoulder walking down the street.

Grocery shopping is a way to run into old friends.

Word still travels fast here without email or cell phones.

Friends here is still spelled with a smile.

Little ole ladies have no fear, their walks will be shoveled and the leaves will be raked, all anonomously.

Their is no such thing as being broke down on the side of the road. You will meet more friends than you care to know.

If you wonder where all your hippy frieds went. Most of them are probaly in the woods strumming a guitar, maintaining their indoor gardens.

Alot of the soldiers who went through Viet-Nam, are living next to the hippies, just being glad to have found a spot, "just to be"

We are American here, and quite proud, but for us, we are glad the rest of the United States are way down there. Gives us something to be thankful for!!

We dont need to worry about illegal immigrants, most of them are smart enough not to come here. For those who have and have paid their way in this harsh country....

We call them our neighbors.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Laugh all you want Dan.

When my Mum was here last summer I took her to the Santa Claus house and he was there alright.

My Mom refused to sit on his lap, so, me, not being one to pass up an opportunity for a wish, sat on his lap.

I whispered in Santas ear, "send me some *******" Of course I assured him I was a good boy, and he even checked his list. I cleared.

I got home a few hours later and there were ten kitten on my porch!!! LMAO.

Be careful what you ask for , I know Santa and he is getting a bit senile.

LMFAO ROTF

Reaction score
so Santa is getting senile and old but you sat on his lap anyways. I guess at this stage you just talk about the first thing that popped up:)

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
he granted my wish, but I only asked for "some". not ten.

I did ask for you, Dan, I did.

I said, "Santa could you send my buddy Dan a brand new Italian floor corker"

Son of a gun, he wiggled his nose and in a flash of smoke was this young Italian gent dressed for a parade holding a Pizza.

I explained to Santa I wanted an "ITALIAN CORKER".

Poof there goes the guy and the pizzza.

Next thing I know, Santa is telling me an Itlian joke about , "did you here about the Italian with a pizza?"

Hes getting senile, no doubt.

LMFAO!
:)

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
I'll keep you on my list Dan, but dont be calling me if you end up with a basket full of pineapples, becaue I assure you I will ask for a basket full of wine and apples for you and the missus!

I'm telling you he is getting senile. he hears your wishes all right. But he is drunk most of the time, He and Mrs Claus, phew, they have quite the reputation.

I had better be quiet, I still hve a few things I am hoping for this year.

I damn sure aint going to ask for anything that could be reated to felines. I could end up with even more cats, bats, fats(**** don't need that!), brats(I'll take those) the sausage kind, if I end up with brats they are going to Uncle Dans immediately.

I will tell you something in all honesty.

When we were down there, I have been there before, but at the Santa Claus house, in North Pole, there is this HUGE wall, and it is covered in letters that children from all over the world have addressed to Santa at the North Pole.

Friends, I have tears in my eyes just remebering some of those letters. What surprised me the most, no kidding, is that most kids asked Santa to give something to someone else, Mom, Dad, the neigbor, those ailing, etc. That wall was very powerful. For those kids, Santa made sure they were not forgotten.

If you ever get to visit North Pole Alaska, be sure to pop in. Santa will be there. he'll check his list.

I am not sure if it happened, but I thought I head one of the ladies, well, more than one, was going to try and publish some of these letters in a book form. It is really cool.

Last edited:

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.santaclaushouse.com/index.asp

Here is alink to the Santa Claus House. You have no idea the tens of thusands of letters santa gets every year. Thanks to all the volunteers because I am pretty sure they make sure all of them are answered, it is amazing.

You can even have all of your Christmas cards sent there so that your recipient sees a postmark from North Pole.

This last year, the USPS said they could no longer handle all the requests, they were gong to stop.

Some local orginizations stepped in and made sure this tradition keeps going!

Santa is alive and drunk, he knows who you are. Even you Dan!!!

I asked him last year to send Nikki a jeep. Well it turns out some really freaky guy was on his way to her house, good thing I caught wind of that before he showed up!

Flippin creep!