How did you find our forum?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How did you hear about this forum?

• Total voters
I was googling one of my "beginner questions" about wine-making when I stumbled upon this space. Not only was this a good find, but also found FineVineWines through the forum. (And I didn't run out to buy a lottery ticket with all this good luck!)

It was on homebrewtalk when there was a giveaway posted there. I didn't know jack about wine making. Now, I make almost as much wine as beer. I just need more time for both.

Looking for information about expired yeast. Found what I needed (yes, it should be okay - though I did add some more yeast nutrient) and kept poking around and finding more interesting stuff...

A quick Google search for what equipment was needed to start making wine, and then was quickly overwhelmed by seeing what everyone was using. After reading for about a week in the Beginners forum, took the plunge and picked up an equipment kit with a glass carboy and a mid-level riesling kit and the rest is history!

Those carboys do seem to multiply when you get them wet though!

Those carboys do seem to multiply when you get them wet though!

Is there a problem with feeding them after midnight, too? :p

I can't remember what exactly I first googled for (quite probably how to read a hydrometer), but I then spent a few hours reading posts, and kept on coming back when I had another question...

I was searching for different things on different days about equipment, recipes and and general help with my wines. This site always had the answers. Glad I joined.

I was looking for information in Chinese regarding various universities in Canada, and found a dozen useful threads here! :)

I hope all those schools have football teams and hire Andy Reid as their coach! Aww man. That actually might be too mean spirited to wish upon.
#WelcomeToTheClubKansasCity

Edit: Doh! Looks like I’m guilty of a PUI [posting under the influence] a handful of times last night. As they say, ‘it could have been worse. MUCH worse. Hurting yourself or someone else’! Will use better judgement in the future. Smh

Last edited:
Edit: Doh! Looks like I’m guilty of a PUI [posting under the influence] a handful of times last night. As they say, ‘it could have been worse. MUCH worse. Hurting yourself or someone else’! Will use better judgement in the future. Smh

Been there, done that, can't find the tee shirt! :)

Used Tap-A-Talk as I frequent other forums using this app and it has never let me down. Looking forward to learning the ropes at this new hobby, and hopefully inns few months ill eventually branch off and try my had at beer making.

I was reading the technical Q & A pages in Wine Maker Magazine and came across an oblique reference to another wine forum. So I checked in with Google and found this site. Am pleased I did. It has been very helpful and I enjoy the global banter between us followers..

Hello, I’m in Texas and a rookie having just bottled my first batch from a wine kit. I googled a question and found your group and the answer. I’ve got two batches going now, thanks to you guys and recipes.

I'm just starting to explore the wine making world and had the great pleasure to meet fellow forum member JohnD since he lives in the same town as I do. After a long discussion and a nice tasting session with John at his house, he suggested I join this forum to learn as much as possible about the hobby! I'm looking forward to getting involved!

I'm just starting to explore the wine making world and had the great pleasure to meet fellow forum member JohnD since he lives in the same town as I do. After a long discussion and a nice tasting session with John at his house, he suggested I join this forum to learn as much as possible about the hobby! I'm looking forward to getting involved!

Welcome Scott!
As JohnD stated, there is a wealth of knowledge here.

Latest posts

Back