How did you find our forum?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How did you hear about this forum?

• Total voters
looking for information with google

I am trying to kick my vine growing up a bit and googled 'growing degree days'. The best information came from here. I looked around the site and, as many others have mentioned, the members are helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. You can't ask for better! Very soon I think that I will be unleashing a torrent of questions. I have read how to do everything concerning making wine several times, but when you are sitting there with a bucket of grapes, well things change in a big way.

Thank you in advance to all of the members!

Chuck in NH

With extra time between racking I was searching the net for label ideas.
I ended up spending hours reading old posts and love the site.

After several years of making limoncello and liqueurs, I wanted to my hand at winemaking, so I read "Hooch" by Scott Meyer, and this site was recommended. I also wanted to use some of the skills I learned while working for a brewing company. I was checking out the site and saw a posting about Skeeter Pee and dangerdave's Dragon Blood. Well, that caught my attention. LOL Next thing I knew, I had registered! I can hardly wait for my winemaking kit to arrive so I can start my first batch of real wine! I'm fortunate my husband is willing to be my taste tester. Wish me luck as I leap into the world of winemaking!

Cheerful Heart

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! You will learn much from these experienced folks. My only advice is to be patient. Great wine takes time. Decent wine takes a little less. Drinkable wine in a month or so. Best news is that it's up to you what you want. Keep us informed about your progress.

While searching out answers to a few different wine making and beer brewing questions this site came up several times with particularly good suggestions and comments so I figured why not.

refugee

was invited by tom to the old site and ask by wade to cross over/ been here ever since. :br a good place to think outside the box.:dg

by doing a google search trying to find an answer to my wine making problem. I like this one best so joined and already solving problems :)

Greetings,
I have been making beer and wine for years. I found Danger Dave's Dragon Blood recipe on line and decided to make a batch. It was Dave's link to your site that brought me here. What a great site.

I did the first rack two days ago. Beautiful wine, great recipe.

Thank you...

Found DangerDave DB recipe and am HOOKED!!

Greetings,
I have been making beer and wine for years. I found Danger Dave's Dragon Blood recipe on line and decided to make a batch. It was Dave's link to your site that brought me here. What a great site.

I did the first rack two days ago. Beautiful wine, great recipe.

Thank you...

Does anyone have DangerDave recipe for his Peach Mango wine that he has pictured shortly after he started making?

Does anyone have DangerDave recipe for his Peach Mango wine that he has pictured shortly after he started making?

Dave does. P.M. him and bet he will be glad to share with you. Click on his name by his aviator on a post he has made and it will let you p.m. him. Arne.

I was referred by A friend. Where we all live wine making is pretty big, And we spend a lot of time at it, Talking, doing, even have a wine making club, You aught to see our annual picnic...
:ib

I happened to come across this site by pure luck doing a google search for making red wine. The knowledge here is almost overwhelming and the more I read the more kits I want to make.

Same for me. Pure luck by researching about wine making. I have learned almost all of what I know so far from this site... which makes me also understand I have a lot more to learn ;)

Loaded your app about 3 1/2 years ago, and have been learning ever since! Thanks to the moderators and everyone who lends their expertise.

I was referred here by Smurfe about 6 years ago or almost. I haven't heard from him on either forum in what?, about two years now? Where did he go????

Bummer... Dude knew his stuff... But life happens. Maybe he'll come back too!

Latest posts

Back