How did you find our forum?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How did you hear about this forum?

• Total voters
Like most (76.1% to be exact) I too used Google searching for an IKEA Lingonberry wine thread. That a lead me here where I joined and was promptly welcomed by Johnd who has been instrumental in his wealth of knowledge with me about wine making.

I found links to this site from some posts on homebrewtalk when I was looking for wine making information.

I kind of knew about the forum for years before i joined just never got around to joining.

It’s funny, I use a few forums religiously for motorcycle maintenance, and for a few other things, but the thought of finding a home wine making forum never crossed my mind until I discovered it while researching nutrients. Been a long 10 years with very little advice...! Finally feel like I’ve tapped into some good resources here!

Been using forums like this for other things so why not wine making too. I have harvested for 2 years now from my own vineyard, 5 vines of Norton. Done a couple of kits too. Still looking to improve how I do things. The kits have turned out good. This year couldn't take care of the grapes after picking so we froze them. Just began fermenting last Wednesday. Hope for the best.

Googling, looking for ideas about whether it's possible to make port from a regular (read cheap) wine kit. Somewhere along the way, I saw a picture of dangerdave's Dragon Blood, and an unbelievable statement about getting from primary to bottles in 15 days! I was hooked. Had to know more. I've always made wine from a kit, never from a recipe, but always wanted to. I make my own liqueurs, grow my own hot peppers for my own homemade salsa, and convinced myself I was making my own wine. Now I'm going to really make my own wine!

And now... I'm going to have to check into "stirring during fermentation." I have always wondered about that. All the kits I've made always just say to sprinkle the yeast on top and let it sit until it's ready for the secondary. Even the Ice Style Wine I currently have clearing, which started at an SG past what my hydrometer goes up to; judging by the scale, around 1.160! That's a lot of sugar. But after 9 days it was down to 1.044, and another 9 days down to 1.039, which I figure is pretty close to 18% ABV, the tolerance of EC-1118. No rehydrating the yeast, no heat belt, no stirring.

I was running a Google search about strawberry wine and this forum kept popping up. I read through the posts and everyone seems really friendly and helpful, and so I thought this would be a good place for me to start my winemaking adventure!

I found the site while searching for a wine making recipe using a triple berry blend. I came across many blogs referencing DangerDave's recipe. I Googgled his name and recipe and ended up on this site where I found the recipe and instructions he shared. I am fairly new to wine making so I created an account to learn as much as I can from the knowledge of others. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back