How cold WAS it?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Philosopher

Amateur
Reaction score
This thread is dedicated to the late Johnny Carson, and his infamous monologues. But it's inspired by Troy and those of us who think that +25 F temperatures are T-shirt weather! :)

But no jokes, okay? Cold is not a laughing matter, when your sewer line freezes. :<

One time on a hunting trip, dinner was served with those old enameled plates and cups. The beans were bubbling, and the coffee was boiling. We dished up a plate of beans, and poured the coffee. Took a sip of barely warm coffee. Got to the beans, and they were cold. Went back to the coffee, and as I tipped up the cup, a sheet of ice formed on the metal cup as I drank. Back to the beans, and they were frozen so stiff, I couldn't get a spoon in them.
Some water was in a pot near the fire. We ladled out a cup of it and threw it up in the air. It came down snow. I crawled into my 6 pound eider down sleeping bag and prayed for morning.

One time it was so cold I tried to take a leak and I pissed out yellow ice, and had some serious shrinkage

I HAVE NEVER laughed at the cold!, and I have never talked about pissing in front of a lady, unless she was peeing too! And I would have have given her the thawed can of beans from underneath my parka!

Troy

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back