How are you bottling your skeeter pee?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunter

Junior
Reaction score
I am hope to start a batch of skeeter Pee in the next few weeks. How have you guys bottled it? I know it is a fast drinker so i wonder if plastic 2 lt pop bottles would be good or how about beer bottles? I can get a bunch of the GROLSCH with the rubber stopper I wonder how that would work?

the beer bottles will work. and so will the 2 l. bottles.
I prefer to use 1/2 gallon glass jugs. They work well in the frig and we go thru it too fast for smaller bottles. :ib
:br to Lon for this fantastic recipe.

I am hope to start a batch of skeeter Pee in the next few weeks. How have you guys bottled it? I know it is a fast drinker so i wonder if plastic 2 lt pop bottles would be good or how about beer bottles? I can get a bunch of the GROLSCH with the rubber stopper I wonder how that would work?

The Grolsch with the rubber stopper would work great. I use 750 ml bottles and I am real please with that. I am not sure about putting sp in a plastic 2 lt pop bottle, I just can't imagine the sp or any wine keeping well in that. There would be too much orygen getting into the bottle.

A bit corked in the bottle. Most just in 1 gallon glass juice jug with cap screwed back on. Keep it in the fridge. Yum!

I'm going to try the wine on tap to see how it works ,think that will be good since everyone says it's a quick drinker . I have a few Mike's lemonade bottles someone gave me but the rest will be in 750 ml bottles .

We're going with brown beer bottles but all other options sound like they're fine if they work for you.

I kept a half gallon in the fridge from the first batch and tapped off of it for a week and don't think the taste changed from start to finish.

This isn't one that seems to oxidize quickly.

Latest posts

Back