Hot Dog pairing?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamble

Reaction score
Looking from recommendations: Hot Dogs,slaw and chips What wine would go good with this?

A nice cold Diet Coke :) Oh, you said wine. For me I'd go with something cold. Though anything can be served cold, I think whites are still the best. I'd go with a semi-sweet white like Gerwurztraminer. I think that would pair well with the salt in the dogs and chips.

On behalf of my wife, I'll also nominate Sangria. She just made some up from a couple year old bottle of Winexpert Fourtitude I had. It was great in the heat we had here last weekend. I think it would go well with your menu too.

IMG_0275%255B1%255D.JPG

Hot dogs and beer, hot dogs and beer! Especially if there is mustard involved. These are wieners not toulouse.

But then again if do you as @Johnd says and also add some cheese, I could see the wine spectrum opening up with dogs, slaw and chips.

Hot dogs and beer, hot dogs and beer! Especially if there is mustard involved. These are wieners not toulouse.

But then again if do you as @Johnd says and also add some cheese, I could see the wine spectrum opening up with dogs, slaw and chips.
I normally drink a beer or three (with about any dinner) but the question was about wine, so I gave what we've done a few times.

Boones Farm sounds about right. Or some of the odd crap that I make! Maybe some Star Anise when its done.

Latest posts

Back