Hop Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know whats funny, i was just thinking about this post this morning. I had to take a break from wine making due to some issues. I was even couch surfing there for awhile. But now I just moved into my own little studio so guess what im going to do! But yeah, i havent even thought of this in over a year and suddenly i get a blip on my phone saying there were two posts! Okay, i can take a hint. :)

I'm definitely going to go for a more wine like beverage, but you make a good point about the flatness...that when I taste hops I might think it should be carbonated. I was also planning on boiling a bit of the hops to get the bitterness. I think a little bit of hop bitter might go well with wine tannin. But most will go in secondary for that citrus flavor (probably going with cascade or amarillo).

I just made skeeter pee and dry hopped half a gallon with 1/4 ounce of Galaxy hops for a week. Was pretty tasty, will be doing a whole batch with Citra and maybe adding some lime.

I see this is an almost ancient post. I actually just did this. I made a 5 gallon batch of raspberry raisin wine. I infused 1 gallon with Azacca hop pellets in the last rack before bottling. i let them sit in my infuser for about 22 hours. I will have to say that i wish i would have done the entire batch. its different but in a great way.

Back