Quantcast

Hooch/skeeter/experimental's subforum

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

seth8530

The Atomic Wine Maker
Reaction score
well, i believe that this forum should have another sub forum added to it. Also, Skeeter pea is one of the most popular "wines" made on the net right now because it is quick and easy, but does it really belong with the other wines? I believe that it belongs to a catagory of "wines" that does not have its own subforum here yet.

I believe that this subforum should be a haven for things such as skeeter pea, coffee wines, milkwine. flower wines, chocolate wines, candy cane wines, barley/hops infused wines, and other oddities..

Also, this subforum would be the ideal location for (god dont strike me down for saying it) experimenting on things such as trying to find the perfect delievery system for barely aged alcohol (AKA this is the search for the next skeeter) and other so called "hooches/jungle juice/ torepdo juice/ insert typicaly insulting term"

This new subforum would help this forum as a whole because it would encourage experimentation and light hearted fun without the sometimes overly serious laborities some of us have found ourselves running. Collecting all of this knowladge in one location would make bouncing ideas around much easier.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
I was asked to do something like this by Troy(arcticsid) a few months ago and didnt feel it warranted it at the time but I can clearly see this fad is out of control (In a good way) and does need its own forum now. I will create it now and move stuff over as I get time with expiring redirect.

seth8530

The Atomic Wine Maker
Reaction score
Awesum, its a great thing when the forum staff listen to its members. :db It is one of the things that makes this forum great... So, does that mean my milk wine gets to graduate from the general wine making talk and over into this new sub forum ( :

Minnesotamaker

Pee Meister
Reaction score
Chalk one up for the loonies! Sweet victory!

Last edited:

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
I moved quite a few over but Im sure I missed a few so just give me a link so as I can find it and move it over appropriately. Back when Trot mentioned this idea to me we had about 3 posts tops for this and not too man other off the beaten path wines but looking at what we have now I should have listened to him cause finding them all now and moving them is a little more work but all part of this job.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Man, that Troy is a foresighted individual huh?
LOL

deboard

Reaction score
Can we give Milk Wine it's own special subforum under this new subforum? (a sub-sub forum?)

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
I really dont want 1,000 categories as it will get to clustered. Im not going to start a new category for Cab Sauv, Merlot, Raspberry, etc...... Do you see how this can escalate? Im pretty sure what we have here will do fine but will make modifications as needed like I did here and will say Im wrong when Im wrong!

mmadmikes1

smart @$$
Reaction score
so from now on I will put things like Knock the Panties off Strawberry in this forum?

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Deboard, maybe we could put the milk wine in the same catagory as cookies and donuts!! LOL

seth8530

The Atomic Wine Maker
Reaction score
ROFL lol, not a bad idea except unlike cookies and doughnuts milk wine will leave you rolling in the floor lol.:d

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Donuts are typically round, they would roll too!!! LOL

seth8530

The Atomic Wine Maker
Reaction score
^_^ the level of immaturity displaced in this thread is completly and utterly childish and hystericly awesum. *does milk wine dance*

djrockinsteve

Reaction score
so from now on I will put things like Knock the Panties off Strawberry in this forum?
Friday I picked 30#s of strawberries, don't want to loose my panties though! :tz
My knees are telling me never to do that again.

I'll pick some peaches soon and make a 5 gallon batch of Peachberry wine.

seth8530

The Atomic Wine Maker
Reaction score
Straw berries = awesum my first real wine was a strawberry wine i made out of frozen berries. 4 parts strawberry 1 part blueberry and a heapload of sugar.

Latest posts