homewinery.com

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i used homewinery.com concentrates for years,,, for fruits and berries that i don't have, but under new management , in my opinion greed has ruined a great single fruit concentrate, i bought several in December-January, same as always, but not now. no longer, now mainly white grape juice, ALL I CAN SAY IS ;;;; That Dog Don't Hunt,,,, Nair another dime of my money for them,
Dawg

I haven't ever purchased any juice from them, but I have heard good things, maybe a bit more expensive, but I believe they are 100% apple, if you purchase apple juice. I'm sure they would be able to verify that, I'm talking about Walker's Wine Juice, LLC | Fruit Farm in the Lake Erie Grape Belt | Since 1955

Yeah Walkers is a little too rich for my blood. ($100.50 for 5 gallons of Blackberry single strength + Shipping)

As to Home Winery - What they shipped me tastes like Welche's grape juice with a hint of Black Raspberry even though the label says "Black Raspberry"

So for that particular juice - Black Raspberry, I have not found any source for 100% Black Raspberry. Guess I will have to be patient and work toward cultivating my own wild Black Raspberries, NOTHING matches the flavor of wild Raspberries and wild Blackberries as far as I'm concerned.

For Blackberry Juice Vintner's Harvest is still supposed to 100% Single variety fruits in their juice. 1 can for 3 gallons of full strength Blackberry wine currently priced at $44.50 with free shipping for Prime members so their prices are a little bit cheaper that Walkers's but not much. Found one other site at 29.00 per can plus shipping. Most sites were out of Blackberry so... who knows what is going on besides the virus impact.

I haven't ever purchased any juice from them, but I have heard good things, maybe a bit more expensive, but I believe they are 100% apple, if you purchase apple juice. I'm sure they would be able to verify that, I'm talking about Walker's Wine Juice, LLC | Fruit Farm in the Lake Erie Grape Belt | Since 1955
I'd bought from them for a few years now, even this January, i have talked to them and all non-grape concentrates,, is now cut with white grape juice,
Dawg

Luckily I live not to far from Walker’s and it’s a great place to get fresh juice.

I've used their tart cherry juices - 3 x 16 oz bottle of Tart cherry and 1 bottle of black Cherry concentrate (Each bottle is supposed to make One (1) Gallon of juice) so using 4 bottles for 3 gives a good solid flavor and it is VERY tart. People seem to either love it or hate it. I like to make it at about 15% ABV and sweeten it up as a dessert wine. Doesn't take much to set you down with good buzz.
Others have said the a High ABV Sweet Cherry wine is too much like cough syrup. Don't care to find out - I'll stick to Tart Cherry.

HAVE NOT tried their other juices.

Has anyone tried FruitFast? I found this on Amazon: Brownwood Acres | FruitFast: 100% Fruit Juice Concentrates From the description, it sounds pretty good. The have concentrates from several different fruits. They have red raspberry, but not black raspberry.
i got them on speed dial, and sweet cherry is wrong for wine, i did a sweet cherry a few years ago and it was good, but took much tinkering and crab apples to boot, always go tart or sour on cherry wine. i only did a sweet to challenge myself. i won,, but way to complicated it is,
Dawg

I have to correct myself - It was not the Fruit Fast brand I used. The one I used was called "Complete Natural Products" More expensive than Fruit Fast.

BUT in looking this up this evening I ran across this one* which seems better. (More calories per serving - so more natural sugar in it) 80 calories vs 70 per serving in Fruit Fast AND they have a 3 pack of 16 oz bottles for 34.99 So Fruit Fast works out to $.90 / oz vs Cherry Bay for $.73 /oz

OR "Tart is Smart" 3 x 32 oz bottles for 54.99 80 calories per serving and that works out to $.57 / per oz Each bottle is supposed to make 2 gallons.

ALL Sorts of options (These were all on Amazon.)

* https://www.amazon.com/Cherry-Bay-O...art+cherry+concentrate&qid=1604900067&sr=8-15

Last edited:
I have to correct myself - It was not the Fruit Fast brand I used. The one I used was called "Complete Natural Products" More expensive than Fruit Fast.

BUT in looking this up this evening I ran across this one* which seems better. (More calories per serving - so more natural sugar in it) 80 calories vs 70 per serving in Fruit Fast AND they have a 3 pack of 16 oz bottles for 34.99 So Fruit Fast works out to $.90 / oz vs Cherry Bay for $.73 /oz

OR "Tart is Smart" 3 x 32 oz bottles for 54.99 80 calories per serving and that works out to $.57 / per oz Each bottle is supposed to make 2 gallons.

ALL Sorts of options (These were all on Amazon.)

* https://www.amazon.com/Cherry-Bay-O...art+cherry+concentrate&qid=1604900067&sr=8-15
after i get my apple in bulk aging carboys,,, i have www.colomaforzen,com an fruitfast both lined up for plum and peach, as well as tart/sour cherries,
Dawg

after i get my apple in bulk aging carboys,,, i have www.colomaforzen,com an fruitfast both lined up for plum and peach, as well as tart/sour cherries,
Dawg
I grew up right near Coloma. That's funny - not the location you expect to run into on internet fora...

Back