Homemade Crusher

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocktop

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I saw and had to let pass a couple of very nice stainless steel crusher destemmers.
After a year of fencing the acreage, installing a 150 vine vineyard, and gearing up all my wine making gear, my wife said enough...
So when I happened across this inexpensive powered crusher I thought hey lets see what I can do with this.
IMG_0082.JPG

I haven't had a chance to try yet but looking forward to it. Will take a little work to hand manipulate the grapes across the screen to remove from the stems but should be much quicker than our old hand grinder and chicken mesh screen.
I'll post an update when I first use it.
RT

I hope you did not spend to munch the crusher/destemmer would be the way to go. especially once your vines start to produce up to 1500lbs of grapes

Well, I saw and had to let pass a couple of very nice stainless steel crusher destemmers.
After a year of fencing the acreage, installing a 150 vine vineyard, and gearing up all my wine making gear, my wife said enough...
So when I happened across this inexpensive powered crusher I thought hey lets see what I can do with this.
View attachment 65830

I haven't had a chance to try yet but looking forward to it. Will take a little work to hand manipulate the grapes across the screen to remove from the stems but should be much quicker than our old hand grinder and chicken mesh screen.
I'll post an update when I first use it.
RT

I would like to build a similar stand and have a few questions that I am hoping you can answer

1) How tall are the support are the stand legs?
2) How far down from the top of the legs are the front and back supports for the angled bin supports?

Sorry, the timing on this suck I sold that unit the date before you posted. Having said that it wouldn’t be hard to recreate. If I recall I reverse engineered it by starting with my receiving bucket height.
From there I figured out my slope for the screen and receiving tub. I ended up having to flatten it out some from the original design, you can see I added a spacer block.
From there would give you the total height to set the crusher at.

sorry I can’t give you specific heights , but I went and measured my shelves in the pic and would be about 54” total height.

I hope that helps.

RT

Latest posts

Back