Other HomebrewSupply.com

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@HomeBrewSupply:

Noticed you're now carrying some Cellar Craft, but it seems only the Sterling line. Any plans to add Showcase kits to your offerings? Thanks.

Hey Jim,

Thanks for reaching out. As for now, we don't plan on expanding our Cellar Craft assortment.

Cheers!

Which recipe kits did you get? I just finished adding those to the site, and they look AWESOME. Let me know what you think :h
I ordered the Valpola and the Wine Maker's Trio White. I've made the valpo before and loved it. First time for the Trio, which I am starting this weekend.

Hey Jim,

Thanks for reaching out. As for now, we don't plan on expanding our Cellar Craft assortment.

Cheers!
That's really disappointing. I hope you will reconsider that position because the Showcase kits are some of the best on the market.

Please check your ads on this site, since at least one graphic seems to show the Showcase kits. It is quite misleading.

300_cellarcraft.jpg

Last edited:
So when are you going to reload supplies of the RJS En Premier beyond the Super Tuscan?

I'm fixing to buy my next kit and I'm thinking I'd like to try the EP Amarone.

Hey Jim,

We've been trying to get restocked on those En Primeur kits for awhile now, but they're extremely hot right now, and it's hard to catch them in-stock from our vendor. It looks like we were able to snag 8 of those Amarone kits from them, and they should be here sometime this week :) I would sign up for direct notifications on the product page, so you can get a direct email the second we get restocked:

https://www.homebrewsupply.com/rj-spagnols-en-primeur-italian-amarone.html

Since a lot of you are discussing the En Primeur line I'll ask this here. I made an En Primeur Super Tuscan in 2014 that is absolutely fantastic now. It was my first red and came out many times better than I'd expected. However, I was extremely disappointed to learn that RJS has discontinued that variety as part of En Primeur. In 2015 I made the RJS Winery Series Super Tuscan and it is ok but very different from the En Primeur and not as suited to my palate. My wife who is the wine connoisseur in the family agrees.

Is there another variety in the En Primeur line or some other manufacturer's Super Tuscan that is close to the taste of the EP Super Tuscan?

I had one last little business trip to end the year today and it took me through San Marcos. So, I made a list and stopped by to pick it up and save shipping costs. They were hard to find, but they had everything I wanted....so, I did my Christmas shopping for me!

Gotta Kiwi Pear Mist, a Californacation Trinity White, and a Gwestomeyer (heck, only one guy in there could say that name and nobody could spell it, hope it tastes better than the word sounds). Stocked up on yeasts, blue carboy stand that I don't how I've lived without, some tannin, nutrient, and one of those big easy to read finish hydrometers in a pear tree.

It was like a bunch of bearded worker bees...they had 4-5 guys pulling, packing, wrapping, and shipping...non-stop action. We need to start a GoFundMe and help those boys get a dang sign so you know where they are...GPS says you have arrived and I'm saying I know where I am, where in the heck are THEY! We hooked up and it was their normal good service, great attitudes...fun stop for me anyway!

Did a side-side trip to Gill's CharBroiler grabbed a burger so juicy my elbows got wet. I was chowing down and did a little math...I've been stopping in there for over 43 years now....hell, I never even planned on living to be 43!! OK...best part...they make these Manske rolls...big a$$ one pound cinnamon rolls that have like a 1/2 pound of butter on each one. They are so good warmed up....massive gooey cinnamon buttery sweetness...I always get two...one I eat, the other one I just rub all over myself. I scored a dozen...gonna surprise the wife on New Years Morning.

Happy New Years Y'all!!

Yesterday I was in San Antonio and stopped by the LHBS....I like to support local business. Sure glad Home Brew Supply is out there saving me a bunch money too!

Latest posts

Back