Homebrewer who is interested in wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rich,

Look if you can find a friendly baker or so in the neighborhood, and talk to him.
Give him one or two bottles of your wine :rolleyes:

Now bakers will get their supplies of cream, baking materials etc in food grade buckets, and they will dump the buckets when empty.

This way I got myself and endless supply of 3 gallon fermentors. :D

Luc

Now I like that idea. I would love to have some 3 gallon fermenters for smaller batches. I figure I can find out what I like with 1 or 2 gallons at a time then do 6 gallon batches.

Any updates or new pictures? I'm extremely interested in how this is processing.

Any updates or new pictures? I'm extremely interested in how this is processing.

I racked it to a secondary last night and snapped these photos. I took a small taste from the racking cane and it was surprisingly good. It is a bit sweet at 1.010 but is very clean. Almost no lees in the primary just a darker purple film. I noticed today that the secondary already has a layer of yeast in it.
2967-WZSecondary.jpg

2967-Lees.jpg

I bottled it today

This is very good wine!:) I think it is ready to drink right now! I just finished off a large glass of it from the bottom of the carboy and oh my... it is fantastic!
2967-BottledWhiteZin.jpg
2967-BottledWhiteZin2.jpg

Congratulations Rich,

It turned out very well.

Luc

I've a question... Nearly eight months on... You got any left and if so how well has it aged?

Latest posts

Back