Home Wine Making Share

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read a small write up about this event recently— and thought the exact same thing.
Unfortunately it probably won’t happen....unless someone with connections makes it happen.
But I can totally envision an event forming over the next few years. I’ve been wanting to get involved for some time now— just nothing local to get involved with.
A few conversations with the right people. A few wine related businesses on board. Generate some interest over time. My wife is an even planner. Who knows. With the perfect storm I can see something forming, and then organically over the years forming to be something unique. Anything’s possible.

I've been trying to set something like this up even if it's the groundworks for something bigger but there is little to no interest. To date there are only 6 or 7 people that have shown interest in the Mid Atlantic Northeast Meet Up so I haven't persued it much further.

I've been trying to set something like this up even if it's the groundworks for something bigger but there is little to no interest. To date there are only 6 or 7 people that have shown interest in the Mid Atlantic Northeast Meet Up so I haven't persued it much further.
I never replied to your thread, but I would be in

Same here. Especially now in the summer. And centered around a wine festival up near lake harmony.
I already even spoke to ‘the boss’ about it. Impossible to fully commit just yet. But definitely want to tag along if it worked out.

Should be getting the group rates today. I started with 10 rooms which was the minimum for a group rate. It's early enough to add more and I'm checking about a meeting room as well for the evening.

Is there a date set for this event or are you still in the preliminary planning stages?

This is what I received but have not spoken to them yet. The prices are higher then I expected but includes a lot of free activities we probably won't use.

Attachments

• ACCESS_PASS_2017 (1).pdf
    251.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Group Rates.pdf
    411.2 KB · Views: 16
  • property-map (1).pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 6
I just fond out there is a minimum 2 night stay at Split Rock for the weekend of the wine festival and most of the summer. I can just imagine this will not sit well for mostunless it's a mini vacation. They do offer quite a nice selection of free amenities. I can start looking for something else. Please let me know your thoughts.

I was going to do 2 nights anyway because I wanted to get a round of golf in.

In my case we would plan on making it a long weekend so 2 nights is not a problem. For this level of resort, and with the event on site, I don't think the rates are bad. If the vendor list is similar to last year it might take 2 days to see (and taste) it all.

In my case we would plan on making it a long weekend so 2 nights is not a problem. For this level of resort, and with the event on site, I don't think the rates are bad. If the vendor list is similar to last year it might take 2 days to see (and taste) it all.

Tim, besides myself, you're the first to show an interest in the 2 night minimum. We need 10 to get the rate and it appears it's booking up fast. The onsite hotel is already booked so only the lodge is available. So you went to last years event, how was it and how were the wines?

If folks could at least give me a yeah or nah it would help me know if it were worth persuing any further.

Latest posts

Back