Holiday Hit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xanxer82

Reaction score
The holidays meant that we gave out a bunch of wine as gifts this year.
I know I've given out close to 20+ bottles this year. I only had 60 bottles before the holidays. So that cleared nearly a third of my inventory out.
This is a lot for me because I've just started making in October 09. I've heard back from some people and the Bergamais was a big hit. I've told people to wait on the blueberry a while, so I'll hear back on that later.
Giving wine for gifts was a great way for me to give great presents while staying in a good budget for everyone.
How hard did your inventories get hit this year?
:b

I give alot out butt, did not affect my inventory. I have 1500+ bottles and below aging.

Your list is impressive Tom. I think it would be a treat to see your cellar. Have photos us somewhere?

I gave out 5 cases of beer and 3 cases of wine. So far the feedback has been great. I had 5 holiday beers, but next year I'm probably going to cut that back to 3 (in bigger batches to keep up the volume) because I think time will be hard to come by when the kid is born.

This didn't really hit my inventory very hard because I made these to give out, so I never really considered them part of my cellar... although I had some of the beers on tap through the holidays. :D

I was depleated of about 45 bottles here. I dont have quite as much as Tom but Im around 900 still and lots still to bottle. just havent had the time when I had the energy or the energy when Ive had the time.

I didnt count but I am down to about 25 cases in storage and 200 lose bottles

I just gave away a couple of bottles. Since I just started making wine this year I didn't have much that was ready to drink. I don't trust my friends to wait until it is ready so I'll keep it in my cellar for now.

Next year will be a different story.:b

I made a batch of Calypso Bianco (I needed something quick) just for this purpose and decorated with holiday labels. My wife and I are both from large families and we gave away about 26 bottles. It was a big hit. I also gave away a case of assorted to people I work with. :dg

Because we only started in October also I didn't really have any to give away either just enough for us to drink over Xmas :D . I did give my sisters and a couple friends some of the Holiday Cranapple Chardonnay because they tried while they were here and liked it . Hopefully by next season we will have some to give away .Having said that I can't wait for me & my good friend who happens to be a fellow wine drinker can get together and have her sample all the types we made ,but she lives a couple hours away .

I made a batch of Calypso Bianco (I needed something quick) just for this purpose and decorated with holiday labels. My wife and I are both from large families and we gave away about 26 bottles. It was a big hit. I also gave away a case of assorted to people I work with. :dg

Can I come work with you :tz:b

Wow Tom and Wade

I can't even image having that many bottles of wine. I only gave away about 15 bottles. My son go married in October and we served around 65 bottles at the wedding, that kinda depleted our wine cellar. I now have about 120 bottles but a lot more wine to make!

Julie

Your list is impressive Tom. I think it would be a treat to see your cellar. Have photos us somewhere?

Here are a few.. All box's are FULL But, excuse the empty racks as I didnt have time to fil yet :dg :b
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Back