Hog panel wine rack project/strage totes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please, folks who are doing this, post up your pix if you can. It'll be a bit before I have time to do mine...but it is on the list!

I picked up a "goat" panel this past weekend, I'm still trying to decide on the best configuration. I'll will certainly post pictures when I decide what I want to do.

Peace,
Bob

Bob, have no fear of going high with it. It is beefy enough to handle what ever you give it. Mine has 4 of those notched out braces on each side. I look forward to your pictures.

I'm laughing at myself cuz I started the htread - and now I can't find any goat panels in my area! LOL. Maybe I'll just use a cattle panel off my barn.

I found they do have goat panels here, but those bad boys are $50 each. It's cheaper to store it in $12 Rubbermaid totes, so I guess I'll keep doing that awhile longer.

Here is how I solve my lack of a wine cellar. I took over a 6x2 ft closet in the rec-room basement. I cut thin wall PVC sewer pipe (new not used) into 19.5 lengths and stacked them. you get 6 tubes per pipe, so eacn pipe will store a case. I have 20 pipes on this wall so there is a 240 bottle capacity in the pix. Each tube holds 2 bottles 750 or 1500 ml. so whatever wine you see is x2 (plus the 12 cases in front of that waiting for me to cut more pipe for the opposite end). Next I am going to put in a insulated door, vent a room air conditioner into the crawl space and connect it to a remoter thermostat. I will have about a 700 bottle capacity @60F when its all done. Cost for 240 capacity was $110. Total cost expected to run $550.

Wine Storage.jpg

Latest posts

Back