Hmm....New Sub-forum idea

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubaman2151

Reaction score
I thought of an idea for a new sub-forum topic area on these boards. what if we had a wine tasting/feedback area.

In this area you could post wines that you have tried and give feedback on those wines. You could tell if you likedit, if you didnt like it, what you liked about it, what vineyard it came from. You know the works, if you had it with dinner, what food went well with it. Then if another person went and tried that same wine, same vineyard and everything they could post a reply with thier own review and readers could compare the reviews.

I thought this would be kinda cool, what do you guys think?

Scuba

Great idea although it would probably not work well with local vineyards that much as we are pretty spread out. There are a few of us that live close together. Commercial wines might work though.

Perhaps to even discuss certain wine kits, although opinions are just that, opinions. However, I did make a post comparing Amarones (WE vs Mosti).

forgive me for speaking up here, but I find all of the different boards that are offered now confusing....seems to me that fewer boards would be easier than more. I guess I'm probably the only one here that still can't multi-task so I certainly can't keep up with all of these different forums. I've posted today and then can't remember where I posted it at. Does it really require this many different places to post? At some point I get confused as to what board the topic would actually fall under. If there were fewer boards, wouldn't people be more likely to see and read what was said, without the possibility of overlooking a post or thread? ...Just my thoughts as a newbie here..

Hoss if you click the Active Topics button at the top of the page, it will display topics posted to recently- you can check since when. Like all Topics posted within the last day or since your last visit. It makes it very easy to check on responses to your post.

of course, you have to realize that me and a computer is about like a saddle on a fish

Seems to me most of these postsare pretty basic questions and answers. I do enjoy the ocasional indepth discussions of the chemistry of wine making. I am computer challenged also but managed to turn this thing on a couple of years ago, forgot where the off button is
smiley2.gif
I tried a Bella Sera 2001 Cabernet Sauvignon, poured the crap down the sink, ugh!Edited by: Tomy

Hi Hoss,

I had the same problem as you did in finding posts that I had made so I could follow the thread/discussion. I ended up using the search feature to find them very easily/successfully. The only thing you have to be sure of is to have your handle (or whomever you're searching for) typed correctly, but there is also even a search for the member feature if you don't get it right.....or you can use the memberlist to find the person's name and hit search from there. Pretty handy.
smiley20.gif

Latest posts

Back