Hllo From South Texas (Hill Country)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhoffart

Rick
Reaction score
Just got started with three kits going. One cheepy Breezin kit a two good MM kits. Looking forward to this hobby, it seems too be a good part time hobby ... and it looks like there is benefits in the end.

Born and raise in Houston and moved to Boerne Texas about a year and a half ago. I'm lucky to have about 15 wineries within a hour drive from here.

I'll keep lurking ...

Rick

Do you live anywhere near Carrolton where FineVineWines (The Wine Makers Toy Store) is? If so I advise you to go down there and chat with a man who really cares about his customers. Gld to have you here and please ask questions as the only stupid one is 1 not asked. The kits will help you get down all the basics and then ou can ask the wineries if they will sell you grapes or juice.

Do you live anywhere near Carrolton where FineVineWines (The Wine Makers Toy Store) is? If so I advise you to go down there and chat with a man who really cares about his customers. Gld to have you here and please ask questions as the only stupid one is 1 not asked. The kits will help you get down all the basics and then ou can ask the wineries if they will sell you grapes or juice.

It's about 4 hours from here, yes George is great ... my only supplier :)

hello and welcome to our little corner of the web..

which style of kits did you buy?

Allie

which style of kits did you buy?

Allie

My first was a mistake ... Breezin - Green Apple Gewürztraminer (10L)

My second kit is - Mosti Mondiale Meglioli - Riesling (all juice w/raisins)

and the third is - Mosti Mondiale Riserva Mondiale - Gewurztraminer (16L)

They are all in different stages but none bottled yet.

Why was the breezin a mistake?

I recently finished a green apple riesling from heron bay kits and it was oversweet.. I had upped the alc to 11 percent too.. my mum loves it and so am doing a peach chardonnay one for her for xmas. They clear great..but just taste too much like candy to me.

Allie

The Riesling came with the raisons? Ive never sen a white wine kit come with these but Ive never bought the Meglioli kits either as they are out of my $range even tough they do make AWESOME wines.

Why was the breezin a mistake?

I recently finished a green apple riesling from heron bay kits and it was oversweet.. I had upped the alc to 11 percent too.. my mum loves it and so am doing a peach chardonnay one for her for xmas. They clear great..but just taste too much like candy to me.

Allie

I don't like sweet wines ... and it's rated 5++

The Riesling came with the raisons? Ive never sen a white wine kit come with these but Ive never bought the Meglioli kits either as they are out of my $range even tough they do make AWESOME wines.

Yes I was supprized to see them in a white kit ... but they are ... George gave me a good deal on this kit.

Greetings from neighbor of the Hill Country

Just wanted to say "Hey!". I live in Austin and have been making wines for about 8 or 9 years.

I love to go wandering around the hill country, such a special place.

Our local group has ordered grapes from the Lodi region and they are arriving tomorrow: 4 tons and 4 barrels of white juice: a LOT of fun, a LOT of work.

Unfortunately/fortunately I as I will be boarding a plane for New Zealand about then where we will be camping and exploring N.Z. wineries for 3 weeks (OH, yea, I do assure Jimbob that we will be doing other things... sure.)

Welcome to wine-making!:b

kcd

Just wanted to say "Hey!". I live in Austin and have been making wines for about 8 or 9 years.

I love to go wandering around the hill country, such a special place.

Our local group has ordered grapes from the Lodi region and they are arriving tomorrow: 4 tons and 4 barrels of white juice: a LOT of fun, a LOT of work.

Unfortunately/fortunately I as I will be boarding a plane for New Zealand about then where we will be camping and exploring N.Z. wineries for 3 weeks (OH, yea, I do assure Jimbob that we will be doing other things... sure.)

Welcome to wine-making!:b

kcd

Let me know how to contact/join your group ... I had to drive to Dallas for grapes last weekend.

Just got started with three kits going. One cheepy Breezin kit a two good MM kits. Looking forward to this hobby, it seems too be a good part time hobby ... and it looks like there is benefits in the end.

Born and raise in Houston and moved to Boerne Texas about a year and a half ago. I'm lucky to have about 15 wineries within a hour drive from here.

I'll keep lurking ...

Rick

I just joined up myself. Was actually driving through hill country this past weekend. Through Leakey and then on to Medina and Kerrville.

Glad to see other Texas people on here.

Cheers.

I'm new to the site but been making wine for a few years. I also live in Boerne so if there is anything you need, just let me know, I a stone throw away lol.

Latest posts

Back