Hit the jackpot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dralarms

Overboard as usual
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sitting here this morning had a customer call up and ask if I wanted some blackberries, I said sure, how much. Here’s where it gets real. It’s a grocery store and once they start getting soft they don’t sell. I said sure, I’ll come get them after lunch, said thanks and hung up. Then it occurred to me I’d better find out just how much he was talking about so I called back, got about 100 crates with 12 containers each. Holy crap, guess I’d better get the buckets ready.

so I drive over, fill up 2 12 gallon buckets, 3 5 gallon buckets, and then had to start loading cardboard crates. The back of the van was full.

got to figuring 100 flats, with 12 6 ounce containers 😮. So I did 6 by 1200 (there was more than 100 flats), then divided it by 16 to check my weight. 450 lbs of blackberries for FREE. All it cost was about 15 bucks in gas, and I had to go buy another 20 gallon fermenter from TSC.

Right now I have 2 20 gallon buckets full, 2 12 gallon buckets most the way full, and over 175 lbs in the freezer.

I stuck gold I tell ya. Black gold. 😂

Sitting here this morning had a customer call up and ask if I wanted some blackberries, I said sure, how much. Here’s where it gets real. It’s a grocery store and once they start getting soft they don’t sell. I said sure, I’ll come get them after lunch, said thanks and hung up. Then it occurred to me I’d better find out just how much he was talking about so I called back, got about 100 crates with 12 containers each. Holy crap, guess I’d better get the buckets ready.

so I drive over, fill up 2 12 gallon buckets, 3 5 gallon buckets, and then had to start loading cardboard crates. The back of the van was full.

got to figuring 100 flats, with 12 6 ounce containers 😮. So I did 6 by 1200 (there was more than 100 flats), then divided it by 16 to check my weight. 450 lbs of blackberries for FREE. All it cost was about 15 bucks in gas, and I had to go buy another 20 gallon fermenter from TSC.

Right now I have 2 20 gallon buckets full, 2 12 gallon buckets most the way full, and over 175 lbs in the freezer.

I stuck gold I tell ya. Black gold. 😂
could i get your guess at next weeks lotto numbers, whew, man you're in vinters heaven
Skoal
Dawg

Latest posts

Back