RJ Spagnols High Tail Niagara Merlot coming

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pillswoj

Canadian Member
Reaction score
b2eb584f-b284-4f29-9065-7ddf155c68f6.png

Got this notification yesterday, The High Tail series are always excellent.

b2eb584f-b284-4f29-9065-7ddf155c68f6.png

Got this notification yesterday, The High Tail series are always excellent.
I was wondering about this one. So your a thumbs up ? I read the description but I’m never too sure what all that means. ‍♂️

Yep, the high tails only come out once a year, last year was a Chardonnay and year before was a Cab Franc, both are great right now.

I've tried to find this, but can't find a supplier. Where have you seen it for sale?

See if your local RJS dealer can order it. I heard a rumour that the High Tail Series are not available outside of Canada but don't know for sure. My local RJS dealer will have these in the next couple of weeks or so, but I am in Canada.

See if your local RJS dealer can order it. I heard a rumour that the High Tail Series are not available outside of Canada but don't know for sure. My local RJS dealer will have these in the next couple of weeks or so, but I am in Canada.
I also saw something about those not being available outside of Canada.

It is available at the place that must not be named in Florida.
I thought I checked there last night, but did not see it. Perhaps there are a couple of places in FL. Will explore further.

Found it and ordered! Excited for it to arrive, thanks for the heads up!

Anyone have any yeast swap ideas for this one? I'm assuming it will come with EC1118 as usual.

I have mine, but am away until Saturday, RJS packs RC212 into most of there limited edition reds, hope it is in this one.

Kit comes with EC-1118,:( I need to decide whether to pitch RC212 or BM 4x4, I have both on hand.

Aside from the EC1118, this is a really nice kit. 18L of juice, two packs of dried skins, a pack of oak chips, two packs of oak powder. The juice definitely has a different flavor than the usual varietals. Started it last night, looking forward to the results.

Got mine this week, hoping to start it at least before the end of the weekend. I'll use the yeast provided.

Aside from the EC1118, this is a really nice kit. 18L of juice, two packs of dried skins, a pack of oak chips, two packs of oak powder. The juice definitely has a different flavor than the usual varietals. Started it last night, looking forward to the results.
Brian, dud you switch out the yeast?

I used the EC1118 that came with it.
Brian, can you confirm the kit does come with dried skins? The SHB site says that it doesn't come with skins stating, "Grape Skins -> No, Freshness Of Juice Doesn't Warrant Skins".

I shied away from purchase because of the omission of skins. A previous post of yours indicates 2 packs of dried skins. Please confirm.

Latest posts

Back