Hi

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to WMT!
Don't worry about the grammar. Many natives have problems with it. :)
I started making wine in October and apple and pear were my first two. Very happy with the taste and I plan to make more and experiement. Actually, I think I'll make a lot more.
Have you made wine? If not, you'll learn a lot here. Learning curve at first but easy to pick up.
If you HAVE made wine, get ready to learn more.
This is a fun site with good people. Read, ask questions, have fun.

Welcome to WMT!
Don't worry about the grammar. Many natives have problems with it. :)
I started making wine in October and apple and pear were my first two. Very happy with the taste and I plan to make more and experiement. Actually, I think I'll make a lot more.
Have you made wine? If not, you'll learn a lot here. Learning curve at first but easy to pick up.
If you HAVE made wine, get ready to learn more.
This is a fun site with good people. Read, ask questions, have fun.

Yes I did make wine before, though not with advanced equipment. I use plastic bottles :h

Yes I did make wine before, though not with advanced equipment. I use plastic bottles :h
Oh my gosh, I don't think many of us here use "advanced equipement"!!! 😄 Does a turkey baster count? Super useful!!
Some have the bells and whistles and blinking lights and will describe the wine making process on a molecular level and I find that interesting. I enjoy reading their posts because I want my next batch to be better than my last one.
But I think a hydrometer is a must have and they're less than 10 bucks. If you want to use plastic bottles and that works for you, go ahead. If you want to expand your "winery", make better wine, more wine, great. It's all up to you!

Hello, welcome to WMT. Enjoy the forum. May I/we know your location?🙂

Welcome to Wine Making Talk

Advanced equipment is using plastics and potassium metabisulphite. Grandfathers way was not having metabisulphite and using pottery crocks. There are many ways to make wine since it has been done for centuries.

I make apple with honey. By itself apple or pear will make a five to six percent alcohol. Apple is a fairly easy ferment. What I read says pear is sensitive to oxygen.

Latest posts

Back