HI high from BC Canada!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi high from BC Can! I am a long time wine maker but new to fruit wines. So I am looking for direction as I bought a lot of peaches yesterday.

Welcome to WMT

Peach is a nice flavor wine but hard to clear at least double pectase but consider five x. Pectin enzyme is a protein and as such you don’t see it in the final wine. Have a gooseberry running with 5x which was a bugger to filter yesterday so I may add more pectase
Personal preference on my part is pit and freeze - run fruit in wine to 1.020 - filter pulp and press - liquid goes in carboy with airlock.
The last peach I ran was acidified with about 45% rhurbarb, tasted rhubarb with low sugar but tasted and smelled peach with 1.012 sugar.
I still have some pulp in the freezer, it is kinda like a fruit leather but without all the corn syrup and starch

add bentonite in the fermentation it will help later in clearing the wine. one trick I found helpful is remove pits from peaches and add two lbs of sugar for each proposed gallon. let it sit for a day. the sugar will draw out the juice. check your parameter and if more sugar is needed add a small amount of water to dissolve.
set sg=to 1082, ph 3.2-3.4. use a floral retaining type yeast 71B or Cotes de Blanc are best.

Latest posts

Back