Hi from Windsor, UK

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Gaulton

Junior
Reaction score
Hi,
I've recently returned to winemaking and brewing having now retired. My main interest is in producing wines from fruits such as apples, blackberries, elderberries etc in an effort to emulate commercial grape wines. I also grow grapes on an allotment. Cheers, Peter Gaulton

Welcome to the forum!

I mostly do kits but perhaps about 25% of what I make is country/fruit wines. So far mixed berries, peach (my wife's favorite), apple (from fresh pressed raw apple cider) and banana (the banana came out okay but nothing to write home about).

Welcome to the forum. I also am a newbie here. There is also a wine and beer making forum in the UK. I'm on there also.
I'm currently making 6 gals. Chardonnay with 10% peach. and a Welch's grape juice wine(HOOCH?). Lots of good folks here.

There is a great deal of wine making guidance available on this forum from many knowledgeable members. I recommend that you search the forum for wine making subjects that interest you. If you don't find what you need, or don't understand what was said, then reach out and post an inquiry. The members here are very helpful to new wine makers, as well to each other.

I think that I can say that none of us knows it all. Every new batch of wine challenges us in some way. A question you raise may be the one that prompts our thinking and leads to additional wine making knowledge, or to a solution to one of the problems we're facing.

... and banana (the banana came out okay but nothing to write home about).

So are you saying I should dump the bottle you gave me, Bill?

@Kevin67, welcome to the forum. I hope you find all of the information you need to make a wine that is perfect for your tastes!

I see you are about 100 km from where a sizeable number of my ancestors are buried (Parish Church of Saint Mary the Virgin, Chipping Norton, UK). I'd love to visit that area sometime...

Last edited:
No need to apologise! Windsor is a beautiful place!

I've no idea how the Internet gubbins is so far out!

Back