Hi from Western Australia

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I am a new member from Perth, Western Australia. Currently studying viticulture part time and trying my hand at making some wines. Nice to meet you. Lindsay Turner (PS: I am male, had some issues with my name once, when locked out of my hotel room without ID in Vegas).

Welcome, Lindsay. Enjoy the forum. What types of wine have you tried making?

That's cool. What about country wines?
I had to google the term country wines. The very first ferment I tried was with mulberries and cooking yeast. It was a complete failure but I hadn't done any research so deserved the result. Haven't tried it since.

I had to google the term country wines. The very first ferment I tried was with mulberries and cooking yeast. It was a complete failure but I hadn't done any research so deserved the result. Haven't tried it since.
I have no experience with mulberry so I can't comment on that, although others have reported success. Using wine yeast makes a big difference, as does knowing what you're doing. A new try will probably produce better results.

Anything you want to try, post a question first in the appropriate forum. Someone has either made what you're thinking of, has done something similar, or the "hive mind" will generally offer good advice. It's much easier to point you to the better path than it is to fix things while in motion, and no matter what you're thinking of fermenting, someone will be excited about it. ;)

You deserved it, probably?😊 Well, there's always next time.
Thanks for the reply.

Latest posts

Back