Hi from NZ

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaWa

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for letting me join you lot! My good friend Boozehag is my informant and we've been making wine for a few months now, Boozehag a bit longer than me. we've started a club that meets whenever we want to try out our brews and troubleshoot etc. Loads of fun! I've just bottled Apple wine, Blackcurrant & cranberry wine and should have the Coffee wine bottled in a couple of weeks.
I've also just started a Persimmon & pear and next one will be ginger wine.
Isn't it great to actually be able to drink the stuff and it even tastes good too! I'm looking forward to learning more on here.

Welcome here. Any friend of Boozehag is a friend of mine. We are getting quite the NZ collection here. BTW, tell Boozehag to get in here and post more at your next meeting. :) I look forward to reading your posts.

Welcome!
Wait till Allie hears she has another "neighbor"!
LOL

Another Kiwi !

Welcome to you and looking forward to hearing about the meetings too. I think we have 5 kiwi's and an aussie so far..

(Tom!.. we are taking over... cue maniacal laughter...)

Allie;)

Allie,
I have more members in my wine club than we have Kiwi's. LOL !
BTW WaWa, How did you come up of that name? Here in NJ we have a convience store chain by that name (Wawa). I hear its an american indian name for a goose.

Allie,
I have more members in my wine club than we have Kiwi's. LOL !

( All indignant...)

I'll have you know Tom.. That 5 kiwis is a significant portion of our population..!

Allie ::

Im here, Im here....just havent been doing much wine making over winter but Im back into it now.

I have blueberry, ginger, apple, dandelion, shiraz and boysenberry and blackcurrent on now! Dont do things by halves!!!

Wawa means she talks a lot...you know Wa wa wa wa wa....never shuts up!!! Havent you seen the movie?
Actually I think she can explain it herself cause thats not correct!!!! lol:) Just teasing wawa!

Wawa and I are bad, we are drinknig our wines early....but im sure we will get over that. im starting to get a few lots under my belt now and can leave some to age sufficiently now....well I plan to, doesnt mean its gonig to happen that way.

Tell them how many memebers we have in our wine club so far Wawa! :)

Just turned spring.. well in a weeks time officially Steve,

so yes it's winter.

my orchard is half in bloom. Peaches and nectarines and plums.

the apples are in bud and won't be in bloom for another week..

the daffodils are almost finished.

Allie

Allie,
What's the average WINTER temp down under in "F*" degree

UM..

we live with Celsius.. hang on I'll google it for you Tom.

48F in winter in Auckland.

Allie

Tom, WaWa is just a silly nickname that I got as a very young child. Something to do with the way I said my name and it stuck. Nothing as exotic as a native American bird I'm afraid.
The grand total of club members is 2, yep 2, Boozehag and Me. However there is another potential showing interest....Watch this space!

Weird, just the opposite of here. Summer is just gearing down. Had a fairly cooler day for here this time of year. It was about 88F or 31C here. I got woke up an hour early by the yapping dogs to go out. It is really nice outside now. It is 68F or 20C. I can't wait till I go back to night shift. BTW, Sorry to go off topic here in this thread.

UM..

we live with Celsius.. hang on I'll google it for you Tom.

48F in winter in Auckland.

Allie
Wish that was the avg temp here. More like 0-35* F Woke up today @ 57*F

Tom, WaWa is just a silly nickname that I got as a very young child. Something to do with the way I said my name and it stuck. Nothing as exotic as a native American bird I'm afraid.
The grand total of club members is 2, yep 2, Boozehag and Me. However there is another potential showing interest....Watch this space!
Hey! I started me wine club with only 3. So, I hope you get many more members. Start talking it up. Bet you will be surprised as how many do or want to make wine.
Good Luck

Thanks for that! See Boozehag, Tom started with only 3 members, we'll be fine. Anyway more wine for us if there's less people!!!!! I make enough noise for about 5 people, or at least that's what I'm told.
I'm off to check my Kiwifruit wine YEEEEHAAAA! Winemaking rocks!

Latest posts

Back