Hi from NY

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYGal

Junior
Reaction score
Newbie here. Looking for a new hobby and hoping to make some wine from fruit that I pick. Looking forward to reading through the wealth of information here.

Welcome to the forum! Lots of good info here.

Where from in NY? I'm originally from NYC with summers spent in CT. Moved to CT full time in 76 and then to PA 2 years ago.

What kind of fruit wine will you be making. I've had very good success fermenting peach. apple and berry wines.

Rome, up State. I was thinking about strawberries and blueberries. I am interested in the process and have been doing some on line research which lead me to this forum. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Welcome! Love making fruit wine - apple, peach, strawberry.....basically anything I can get for free. Keep us up-to-date on your adventures!

I started making wine very recently, and it's all been from frozen fruit for the most part. I can't wait until this summer and start getting fresh produce from road-side stands to work on some more local wines. (Local as in DC area for me.)

Welcome NYGal. I suspect you have been getting a bit of snow there this winter. Being from near Plattsburgh and Lake Champlain we haven't gotten a lot of snow again this winter, but today seems to be changing that- ugh. It is up to about an inch and hour and expected to go up to 2 per hour before the wind blows 40 mph. Lots of folks here to help you along not only when you get stumped but they will offer up ways to make it better for you.

Latest posts

Back