Hi from NC Mountains

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x4501

MtnMan
Reaction score
I'm Charlie. Living in Black Mountain, NC. I have enjoyed making wine for several years now, but I still consider myself a novice. Most of my experience has been with kits. My first effort at "from scratch" wines was a batch of peach wine that has turned out to be decent. I have a cellar with approximately 200 bottles.

Any more NC or Upstate SC members here?

Charlie,
Welcome to a great forum.
Here is where you can improve all your winemaking skills. What do you have fermenting?
We are in Peach season here in NJ and already have 12 gallons fermenting.

Thanks, Tom. ...nothing fermenting at the moment, but I'll be headed to the Farmers' Market for some fresh plums soon. C

Morning Charlie and welcome,

Look forward to hearing about your kit wines too.

Allie

Thanks, Tom. ...nothing fermenting at the moment, but I'll be headed to the Farmers' Market for some fresh plums soon. C

I been getting "over ripe" fruit at my local flea market at unbelieveable prices. Go for the over ripe ones.

Thanks, St Allie. I have made Zin, Chard, Merlot, Gewürztraminer, and Amarone--mostly from concentrate kits. Two 23 litre "all juice" kits (An Italian Amarone and an Australian Chardonnay) turned out quite well. The Amarone needs aging.

Amarone need 1 year min bulk aging and 3-4 years bottle age. I have '05, '06, in bottles and a '08 bulk aging right now

Welcome x4501, Glad to have you aboard and share what you know and learn what you dont. there is a bounty of info and great people here that want to learn or help others learn.

Latest posts

Back