Hi From Nassau County Long Island

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtmayo

Junior
Reaction score
I'm Mayo with my first batch of wine in day 2 in a primary. My sister in law's father got me started and I am about to start a second batch. I home brewed a few batches of beer that turned out excellent a few years ago and am excited about making wine. I am a little anxious but bring the "relax, have a homebrew" mentality to wine making.

Glad to be here.

Mayo

Welcome to this woderful hobby. There are lots of people in this forum that can help you along your jorney. We look forward to hearing more from you.

WELCOME ! :dg
Keep in mind Wine making talkes longer than BEER
I know I do both :b

Thanks!

Thanks for the welcomes, I appreciate it. I also realize from reading my directions and my research that making wine takes longer. I also find myself at loose ends, wanting to go stir it, to oak it, to check the temps, itching to clarify and it kills me to wait. I see myself buying more carboys so I can make more - I feel an intervention coming on.

Thanks again.

Mayo

Hi and welcome to a great site.
In my humble opinion, you can never have too many carboys or too much wine on the go. I'm a winemaking fool though. LOL.

Thanks for the welcomes, I appreciate it. I also realize from reading my directions and my research that making wine takes longer. I also find myself at loose ends, wanting to go stir it, to oak it, to check the temps, itching to clarify and it kills me to wait. I see myself buying more carboys so I can make more - I feel an intervention coming on.

Thanks again.

Mayo

No interventions from any of us....we'll feed your obsession til the cows come home. (P.S. They NEVER come home.)

welcome

welcome mayo
I go back to long island all the time .

use to live in Far-rockaway.

hello and welcome to the forum Mayo..

have you got a list of wines you'd like to make?

Allie

Latest posts

Back