Hi from Melbourne oz

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pip

Reaction score
Hi folks, i've been reading this forum for a couple of years and getting some great tips and information. I make homemade wine from gleaned fruit from around the city i live in and various gardens of friends with fruit trees and vines and brambles that they dont use. On and off i've been making booze for years but i'm no way an expert, lol! I often have failures but as i get older i'm becoming more interested in improving my skills.

I have a specific and curious problem that i'd like to get advice on but i'll post that in the beginner questions thread.

Anyway, thanks for having me folks.

If you want help with fruit wine, join the Eltham or Frankston wine guilds. Both groups are very knowledgable and welcoming.

Welcome to the forum!

Please excuse my ignorance but what does the "oz" mean? In Googling I found "0Z" and "NZ" mentioned along with Melbourne but couldn't find what it meant.

Oz is Oztraylia, also called Australia, also called Straya.

Pip - I'm in the Eltham guild. They meet on the last Friday of the month at the Eltham Learning Centre at 7:45 for an 8:00pm start. Several of us are collecting grapes this week that one of the members has brought back from Mildura - Sagrantino and Malbec, and the Nero D'avola is expected in another week. They also run berry and mead workshops for those that are interested.

Oz is Oztraylia, also called Australia, also called Straya.

Pip - I'm in the Eltham guild. They meet on the last Friday of the month at the Eltham Learning Centre at 7:45 for an 8:00pm start. Several of us are collecting grapes this week that one of the members has brought back from Mildura - Sagrantino and Malbec, and the Nero D'avola is expected in another week. They also run berry and mead workshops for those that are interested.
I'd love to make mead, seems a bit more complicated than fruit wines though so a workshop would be grand. Wow, thanks Grub! great info.

Latest posts

Back