Hi from Kirksville mo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryW

Reaction score
My first kit is almost ready to bottle...vintners reserve reisling, will this be a good wine, do ya think?

Hello and welcome.
I don't make kits but I know a lot of the others here do.
This is a really friendly site, good to have you with us.

Thanks, what varieties do you have in England? Are they grown there or imported?

Welcome,
Your 1st kit is always good LOL
Whats next? What kind if wine do you like. Ask here for suggestions.

Welcome,
Your 1st kit is always good LOL
Whats next? What kind if wine do you like. Ask here for suggestions.

That's exactly what I thought. Your first bottle/wine is always a big hit!.

Thanks for joining and welcome. Feel free to ask any questions you have.

Welcome aboard and I say the same as others. First kit / wine made is always good if for no other reason you made it yourself. I know our first one didnt last 3 months ( Shsssssss! I have one bottle hidden away so it will ager for a year)

Larry, I grew up near Hurdland, but live now in Arizona. I know a few people in that part of the country growing wine grapes (hybrids, mostly). You're almost too far north to reliably produce some varieties, but there are still lots of choices. Do you think you'd ever want to have your own vines?

Don't forget to put your spot on the map. I'm printing out a copy when it's filled up. Wine cellar wall candy!:br

Tom - I'm mostly interested in...well, all wines. I'm ready to explore. I have barely scratched the surface as far as getting to know the well known varieties. Have never tasted a variety I didn't like, but have had some wine
(commercial and homemade) I didn't like. My grandpa used to make wine from anything he could get his hands on.

Greg G. - Howdy, I grew up in Edina. I would like to grow some grapes, but I'm not too sure about my soil. I live west of town near the state park on this old white oak clay soil.

well larry, welcome and maybe one day you'll pay a visit to see place. going to be very different than most wineries.

Welcome from Georgia! Our first batch has been a big hit as well. We're going to have to make more of it real soon. lol!

Latest posts

Back