Quantcast

Hi from Kirksville mo

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

LarryW

Reaction score
My first kit is almost ready to bottle...vintners reserve reisling, will this be a good wine, do ya think?

Leanne

Fiesty Winer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome.
I don't make kits but I know a lot of the others here do.
This is a really friendly site, good to have you with us.

LarryW

Reaction score
Thanks, what varieties do you have in England? Are they grown there or imported?

Tom

Reaction score
Welcome,
Your 1st kit is always good LOL
Whats next? What kind if wine do you like. Ask here for suggestions.

djrockinsteve

Reaction score
Welcome,
Your 1st kit is always good LOL
Whats next? What kind if wine do you like. Ask here for suggestions.
That's exactly what I thought. Your first bottle/wine is always a big hit!.

Thanks for joining and welcome. Feel free to ask any questions you have.

ffemt128

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome aboard and I say the same as others. First kit / wine made is always good if for no other reason you made it yourself. I know our first one didnt last 3 months ( Shsssssss! I have one bottle hidden away so it will ager for a year)

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
WMT Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome aboard and I say the same as others. First kit / wine made is always good if for no other reason you made it yourself. I know our first one didnt last 3 months ( Shsssssss! I have one bottle hidden away so it will ager for a year)
Ditto. same here

gregmg

Reaction score
Larry, I grew up near Hurdland, but live now in Arizona. I know a few people in that part of the country growing wine grapes (hybrids, mostly). You're almost too far north to reliably produce some varieties, but there are still lots of choices. Do you think you'd ever want to have your own vines?

djrockinsteve

Reaction score
Don't forget to put your spot on the map. I'm printing out a copy when it's filled up. Wine cellar wall candy!:br

LarryW

Reaction score
Tom - I'm mostly interested in...well, all wines. I'm ready to explore. I have barely scratched the surface as far as getting to know the well known varieties. Have never tasted a variety I didn't like, but have had some wine
(commercial and homemade) I didn't like. My grandpa used to make wine from anything he could get his hands on.

Greg G. - Howdy, I grew up in Edina. I would like to grow some grapes, but I'm not too sure about my soil. I live west of town near the state park on this old white oak clay soil.

Reaction score
well larry, welcome and maybe one day you'll pay a visit to see place. going to be very different than most wineries.

winemaker_3352

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!! I am from MO as well. Little further southeast of you though.

Maestro

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Welcome from Georgia! Our first batch has been a big hit as well. We're going to have to make more of it real soon. lol!