Hi from Kentucky!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deboardfam

Reaction score
HELLO! My name is Chris and I am from Grayson, KY. I got into wine making in Sept of 09 by my dad (koda_ky). Have made several country wines. Look forward to learning some things from this site.

Chris welcome to the site. You certainly entered an addicting hobby. What have you made so far? Are you making it from fruits or kits? Feel free to step in any time and ask any questions.

Hello Chris and welcome to the forum ..

Good to see extended family being introduced to the group here..

What are you currently making?

Allie

Yeah lots of us Kentucky folk on here. This makes the third DeBoard LOL.

I have made several from concentrate so far. Nearly every concentrate available. The most interesting probably being blueberry pomegranate. I currently have my first real fruit/mix on. I used a can of riesling mix and about 5 lbs of strawberries to make up a 3gal batch. I also have my second batch of Apple Cherry from concentrate on. This was one of the first I made I used a clear jug back in September for this. The apple tended to brown really bad. Still tasted great, really good after a little time but just brown. This time around I used a wicked dark green 1 gal jug that was given to me and it is probably the prettiest color in a wine I have made this far. Both the apple cherry and strawberry riesling are nearing the sweetening stage.

As far as aging.. I have a closet that had this odd rack that I never knew a good use for. Since taking up winemaking I found the use. It is perfect for storing bottles. It is from floor to cieling roughly 1ftx1ft boxes. Each holds about 7 bottles or so. Works out perfect. Got about 3 of the "cubicles" full with various stuff (red, white, blueberry pom, cranberry, umm and probably some more lol).

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Welcome to the forum nephew! There's a lot of knowledge here, you'll learn a lot.

We have a lot of Pa. people here but now we are going to have to have a Pa. party and deboard party! Glad to have you here and jump right in, the water's great!

I have family in Kentucky but we lost touch years ago :( A shame I had so much fun in the summer.
Welcome to the board DeBoardfam. :)

Thanks for the welcomes! Kentucky is a beautiful all around area. We dont get crazy hot temps in the summer or crazy cold temps in the winter. Just a lot of the in between. Spring/Fall are amazing.

Latest posts

Back