Hi from England

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Pittock

Junior
Reaction score
Hi All,

I joined the forum yesterday, but I’ve been making wine for about 30 years. Damn, I am getting old

Over the years I ferment every couple of years or so. But last autumn I became a bit obsessed and have been going at it with far more enthusiasm than usual. I think I’ve made about 100 bottles since last August and I’m fast running out of wine rack space. I’ll just have to drink more

I found the forum while googling for new recipe ideas. So here I am

Regards
Chris

Welcome a great bunch of guys here! Where are you in England? My wife and I did a tour and visited relatives near Arundel last fall. It was absolutely a great time.
Joe

Hi Joe,

It's a small world. I live about 30 miles from Arundel, which I know well. I have family in the area and I'm a member of a bikers group which meet at Bury Hill, which is only a couple of miles away :b

It is indeed Chris. My wife’s cousins and uncle live in Littlehampton so we stayed at Norfolk Arms in Arundel. It was great to see them and visit the whole area.

Hope you enjoy this forum I have learned a lot here.

Joe

Welcome Chris! You found a great forum! Have you tried the Dragons Blood?

Hi wrongway,

No, I haven't yet tried Dragons Blood, but it is on my (very long) "To Do" list :h

However, most of my wines follow a similar recipe. I tend to use frozen fruit as it's cheaper than fresh fruit and always available. I just chuck mine directly into the fermentation bin and strain it into the secondary vessel after 3 to 5 days.

What effect does all the lemon juice have on the wine? 2 bottles does seem rather a lot.

Last edited:
Hi wrongway,

No, I haven't yet tried Dragons Blood, but it is on my (very long) "To Do" list :h

However, most of my wines follow a similar recipe. I tend to use frozen fruit as it's cheaper than fresh fruit and always available. I just chuck mine directly into the fermentation bin and strain it into the secondary vessel after 3 to 5 days.

What effect does all the lemon juice have on the wine? 2 bottles does seem rather a lot.

Yes I also tend to use frozen juices too! It is kinda hard for me to explain the Lemon juice being a newbie that I am but I like the Dragons Blood quit well. You can use orange juice or lime. It adds a tartness.

Latest posts

Back