Hi From Covington, PA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkisel

Reaction score
Not a new guy here but first post since selling our home in CT (6/19/15) and moving to PA. Right now the wife and I are staying at a B&B (Copp Hollow) in Covinton, PA. We're hoping to close on our new home July 14th. We had our home inspection yesterday and found a number of issues that need to be resolved with the seller. A big concern of mine is with the well system. Is/will the water purification equipment the seller put in up to the task of taking care of the less than optimal water coming from the well? House was built near end of 2013 and only lived in 3 months by the owner.

Well onto something else to share with you... There is the Canton Wine and Cheese Festival taking place this Saturday which looks pretty interesting. It's only about a 45 minute drive from where we're staying and if the weather cooperates we'll definitely be going. Hope to get some family and/or friends to join us for the festival. There is an amateur wine tasting contest that I may enter. I've got maybe 3-4 different wines temporarily stored at my mother-in-laws just 20 minutes away, I'll see tomorrow ifin I've got something worth entering. Won't be nicely labeled but the rules only require my name and make of wine on the bottles (2 750ml bottles per unlimited number of entries ($10.00 fee for each entry)).

Oh, did I mention that the new home has a wine cooler under one of the kitchen cabinets? Forgot to count but I'm guessing it holds about 20 bottles.

If all goes well I should be back here posting on a more regular basis and back to making wine.

Take care WMT friends,
Bill

Ps. Anyone familiar with backwash sediment filters and water softeners?

New home if issues resolved...
l4f672745-m0xd-w640_h480_q80.jpg

Last edited:
Bill,

Glad to see the other house is sold! At least now you are within 10 miles of the new place. Almost stopped by, but I hadn't seen a post that you were at the new place yet. I had to go to Mansfield Tractor supply (via Rt 6) for some foundation bug spray concentrate (no one had any in Wellsboro, plus they had a road rally that weekend, what a mess).

Hopefully I'll get back up there this fall. We'll pray that everything works out with the water at the new place.

Bill,

Glad to see the other house is sold! At least now you are within 10 miles of the new place. Almost stopped by, but I hadn't seen a post that you were at the new place yet. I had to go to Mansfield Tractor supply (via Rt 6) for some foundation bug spray concentrate (no one had any in Wellsboro, plus they had a road rally that weekend, what a mess).

Hopefully I'll get back up there this fall. We'll pray that everything works out with the water at the new place.

Not at the new place yet. Hope to close July 14th if all goes well. Will be in deep dodo if the deal falls through.

Was at Tractor Supply just the other day to look at gun safes. Cost of storage and shipping of my safe from CT to here would have been very costly so I sold it to the folks who bought my home in CT. Thankfully have a friend in the area who was able to make room in his gun safe for my handguns until I get settled here and can purchase a new safe.

Latest posts

Back