Hi from Central Nebraska

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summersolstice

Drunken Friar Cellars
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm a member a couple other mead, wine , and brewing forums. I've been making mead and wine for several years and beer for only a couple of years. I have a little free time at work and I enjoy browsing the forums. It looks like you have a good community here!

This is a nice place to be. What are some of your current projects?

What are some of your current projects?

I always have something in the secondary. Currently I have a traditional Sourwood mead and a Chardonnay pyment in primaries and 10 galllons of oaked Chardonnay pyment, Calamansi (a citrus fruit from the Philippines) melomel, and Blackberry/Burgundy wine in secondaries and a Marionberry melomel in an oak barrel and I just bottled a pale braggot.

Welcome to the forum you said you were from central Nebraska where at in central Nebraska we may be next door neighbors

Welcome SS, Okay, what is sourwood?

This Sourwood Honey from Mountain Honey in Georgia is arguably the best honey in the world. In fact, Mountain Honey entered their Sourwood Honey in the World Honey Show, in Dublin, Ireland. With 21 different countries represented and over 400 entries, their Sourwood Honey took the "BEST HONEY IN THE WORLD" award.

Hello SummerSolstice and welcome to the forum,

We have quite a bit of interest generated here for melomels, cysers, meads etc .. If you care to share any tried and true recipes etc.. we'd love to have them.

Allie

Hello SummerSolstice and welcome to the forum,

We have quite a bit of interest generated here for melomels, cysers, meads etc .. If you care to share any tried and true recipes etc.. we'd love to have them.

Allie

Thanks, Allie. I have a couple award winning wine and mead recipes posted on another forum with several more that were never entered in competition that have proven very popular as well. I'll get settled in and see what members like and hopefully make some helpful contributions.

Very interesting about that honey, ill have to look into it to try and get some prices. Ive been getting some good honey from someone on this forum who got me Orange blossom and Golden Rod.

Latest posts

Back