Hi Everyone

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wineomaker

Reaction score
Jim here from Central Nebraska, I am very new to wine drinking, I bought a bottle of Edelweiss wine 6-8 months ago for our anniversary and got hook on wine, and now I want to make my own wine, I have been on the net looking for an Edelweiss Kit and cant find anything, I like a sweet wine so if someone could help me out it would be appreciated, is the ice wine kits a sweet wine?.
Oh Yeah the support or here is outstanding Thank you very much. Jim

Welcome Jim! I too am very new to wine making and drinking. My girlfriend took me wine tasting for my birthday last month and the bug bit me big time. Not sure I can help on any kind of wine stuff as for now but I know there are plenty of people on here that have helped me a lot already. Good luck with your wines!!

hello and welcome to the forum Jim,

yes Ice wine is a very sweet wine.. referred to as a 'dessert wine' it is sold in half bottles, you generally have a small glass at the end of the meal with your dessert ( cake or cheeses or fresh fruit).

there are quite a few sweeter wines.. I suggest you visit a winery that has 'tasting days' and try a few different wines and see which you prefer.

Then buy your kit based on your own tastebuds.

Allie

Hi Jim, welcome aboard. I agree with Allie on tasting more sweet wines and decide what you like before buying. If ant of your wineries sell juice see if they sell late harvest juice as that would be the easiest way to make it. Otherwise contact George at Fine Vine Wines and he will guide you through what you need and suggest a kit. Both of our sponsors will do a great job for you.

Welcome!
Check with the 2 sponsore above for a kit you like.
Midwest Supplies, and The Toy Store

Welcome Jim,
Somebody close to home. I live in Kenesaw. If you need any help, give me a holler. My knowledge is fairly limited, but have been doing this for a while. Also know where there are a couple of fairly close homebrew stores. Take care and good luck. Arne.

I have never seen a kit for Edelweiss but there are places where yo can order a bucket of that juice and truthfully making wine isnt hard especially with the help from us. Below is a place where you can order a bucket of that juice which also comes with yeast and yeast nutrient and the juice is hot packed meaning its sulfited and then capped so that it can not strat fermenting until yiu open it up and add the yeast sort of like a kit. You will need some Potassium Metabisulfite powder to sanitize your equipment and als to add to your wine after its done fermenting and also some Potassium Sorbate to add when its done also to stabilize your wine so that you can sweeten your wine to where you want it as when your wine is done fermenting it will be very dry. Sweetening your wine is very easy, all you do is boil 1 cup of water and add 2 cups of sugar to that so it dissolves good, let it cool and then slowly add that mixture to the point desired. That mixture is called a simple syrup. Scroll down on the link and youll see its listed alphabetically. They do not except credit cards so youll have to send them a check but know they do this very quickly as I ordered 2 buckets just like this not long ago and it was delivered befoe they even cashed the check which really surprised me. Many people here get juice from this place and its very reputable. If you need wine making supplies there are a few places to get them, 2 of the best places ctually support this site and are the bannesr above so please use them if you dont have a local place and lots of time they are even cheaper with the shipping then some local places.
http://www.walkersfruitbasket.com/Pail Prices.html

Latest posts

Back